Chapter 7

It's been months since Louis first came here and we've gotten really close. I've been really happy, actually I've never been happier. I'm at the top of my class, second to Hermoine but honestly I don't have a problem with that. I've gotten to know so many people! I hang out with Louis and my new friend Luna every chance I get. Unfortunately, Gracie left Hogwarts, her parents pulled her out with no explanation. I miss her tremendously but we send owls to each other every week. On the plus side I have a room to myself, and I like being alone anyway. I'm having the time of my life!
——————————————
{Draco's POV}
It's been months since that wretched boy Louis arrived. Ruining my life. I've lost the one person who I think actually cared about me. Elizabeth. She's grown to be so happy these days, her smile radiates everywhere she goes. I don't just miss that smile when she talked to me but I'm jealous. Jealous she's doing so well. She hasn't even looked my way. I wonder if she remembers me or thinks about me. As much as I hate to admit it, and I will never admit it publicly...I miss her. We barely had any moments together, yet the ones we did share together were the happiest moments I've had. Which doesn't really say a lot given I never have happy moments. But I want to feel that again, I haven't felt anything like that. She took away my boredom yet I told her the opposite. I hate being alone, I've always been alone but with Elizabeth just looking at me or talking to me I felt...different. Now I see she gives that feeling to somebody else, Louis. It's strange, I never heard of him, and I did know about Salazars descendants how could I not. But I've never once heard of a Louis. I'd have to ask my mother. He claims it was a secret, but there are no secrets when it comes to families like ours. Anyway, my parents have recently told me they have something important to tell me, today I get to go back home for the day. Fantastic......
——————————-
I was picked up by one my fathers many servants and when I arrived home nobody was waiting at the door for me. I walked inside, and heard voices from my dining room. I walked over,
"Moth-" my heart felt like it was stuck. I dropped my bag. It's him. Voldemort. 

"Hello you must be Draco...what a pleasure it is finally meet you. Lucius barely talks about you. Why don't you join us." He pointed to the chair beside him. 

I didn't want to. But my father gave me the look that is engraved in my brain. The do as your told or you know what happens look. I took a seat next to my mother instead and my father never looked more disappointed. 

"Well I'll let Lucius do the talking, proceed." Voldemort leaned back into the chair with the snake at his side. 

"Draco..do you remember the very important thing I had you do a couple months ago. The one that involved the hexing of a certain which. Well now you have a chance do redeem yourself. Lord Vo-" my father was interrupted, 

"You are going to kill Dumbledore. You will do it on January 2nd, your aunt Bellatrix will join you as well as Severus Snape and few others. We have already established a way to get in and out of Hogwarts, I took that off your plate boy so I expect gratitude." He got up and vanished. 

"I can't do that.." I said shocked. I felt like I was about to pass out I started to tear up, "m-mother I can't..I'm just a boy. I don't understand. Why me....it could be anyone else." 

"I'm sorry Draco, there's nothing I could do in the matter, once it's over we will go far away from here i promise you." She tried to reassure me. 

I stood up and looked at both of my parents who couldn't even look me in the eyes, "LOOK AT ME! LOOK. AT.ME.," I yelled while pointing to myself, " I AM JUST A BOY! ALL MY LIFE I HAVE GIVEN IT MY ALL TO KEEP YOUR REPUTATION AS YOU WISH FATHER. AND YOU..MOTHER YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING TO PROTECT ME FROM HIM AND HIS ABUSE. I AM BROKEN. I AM BEYOND BROKEN. YOU ARE NOT MY PARENTS. YOU HAVE SHOWN ME NO LOVE. I HAVE NEVER ONCE FELT THAT FROM EITHER OF YOU. MOTHER YOU TRY TO SHOW SYMPATHY BUT ALWAYS CRAWL BACK INTO THE SHADOWS OF THIS MAN, A MAN WHO HAS NO RESPECT FOR YOU. NO RESPECT FOR YOUR SON. YOU LET HIM CONTROL YOU, ITS PATHETIC. YOU ARE BOTH PATHETIC. YOU HAVE YOUR OWN SON KILL, YOUR TEENAGE SON WHO HAS YET TO EXPERIENCE ANY OF LIFES WONDERS, BUT I WILL EXPERIENCE DEATH AND MURDER FIRST BECAUSE OF YOU. YOU MAKE ME KILL FOR SOMEONE WHO IS NOT FAMILY YET THAT IS ALL YOU PREACH TO OTHER FAMILIES, THAT WE ARE ALL THAT MATTERS.NO...I DONT MATTER TO YOU DO I?." I was tired of yelling my voice broke, "Mum...you're supposed to care for me. You always used to. What happened. What did I ever do to deserve this." Tears ran down my face and I could barely see anything. My mother was silent as usual. 

"You shut your disgusting mouth this instant boy. Do not speak to us this way. To me this way, I am your father!You will do what you must. If you as so much drift from the instructions you are told, I will kill not only Dumbledore but you as well. DO YOU UNDERSTAND!" He yelled as he got up and slapped me across the face. My mother watching as always. 

"You are not my father. You are a coward. You are a tyrant." And I used apparition to go back to the entrance of hogwarts. I wiped the tears off my face. But I was not ready to go back inside. I went to the astronomy tower instead, the highest level and stood looking over the water. So close to the edge. Once inch more and I'd fall. Would that be such a bad thing to wish for? I moved to the other side of the tower, where I faced the school, standing on the edge. I let the wind control me.