I missed you

—Just because you think it's ok, doesn't mean it actually is—
Y/n POV:

It had almost been three hours since my step father and I had our fight. My mom was supposed to be home at seven pm and it was already seven fifteen. I figured she got stuck in traffic. I was happy that she didn't have to sleep at work tonight. She was a nurse and often had to sleep at her work place for the night shift.

I was excited to see her. Today was gonna be the first day in two weeks that I get to see her. Lately on the days she does come home she sleeps all day and my step dad 'looks' after me and Kobi.

I heard her car pull into the drive way. I was so excited! I opened my bedroom door and began running to the garage door. My step dad was sitting on the couch watching the game, he glared at me and rolled his eyes. I realized Kobi was still taking his nap or he was playing in his crib. I ran back up stairs to get Kobi so my mom could see him too.

I ran back down stairs with Kobi in my hands and my mother walked into the house. She looked around and smiled. I walked up to her and hugged her with Kobi on my hip. Then she looked at Kobi and took him out of my arms. She began playing with him and booping his nose.

"I missed you guys so much." My mother said with a big smile.

"I missed you more!" I said hugging her again.

"Are you wearing makeup dear?" My mother asked. Then I saw my step dad walking behind my mother. His eyes widened and he made a face at me.

"Just a little bit." I said faking a smile. I was only wearing makeup to hide the hand prints on my face.

"Oh, it looks nice, but you look beautiful without it." She said with a slight frown. I looked down at my socks and felt sad. Then my step dad hugged my mom and kissed her in front of me and Kobi. I felt grossed out. He didn't even love her! He was just using her for her money.

I bit my lip hard, so I wouldn't say anything.

"Want to have a family movie night?" My mother asked as she sat down on the couch.

"Yes!" I said excitedly.

"Okay let me go shower then I'll make some hot coco and we can watch a movie." She said in an excited voice. My mother handed me the baby and ran upstairs. My step dad glared at me and shook his head.

"You should wipe that off! You look like a slut!" My step father spat at me. I bit my lip hard, I really didn't want to get slapped again.

"Ok." I said fighting my urge to express my mind. I then took Kobi up to my room with me and I began washing my face, and changed into pjs.

Author note: Ik I need to focus on "Broken Promises" but I really wanted to finish this chapter :)