nightmares

*i got inspiration from a oneshot i read before but i don't remember where i'm so sorry*

niall woke up in sweats, he had dreams of it again.

he screamed out for harry, and he ran into the room.

he found niall sobbing into his hands, shaking violently.

"hey, i'm here, what's wrong?" he asked quietly, trying not to scare niall.

"i-it keep happening. i-i-i keep seeing their deaths, i-it's my fault, i-i shouldn't be here," niall sobbed.

harry sighed before taking the blonde into a hug, "no, it's not your fault, it's no one fault."

harry held niall as he calmed down and fell asleep again.

--next night--

there's a fire.

smokes filling the small room.

"run!" he heard.

niall opened the door to find-

his eyes opened, and he could see harry's concerned face.

"you was crying out, are you okay?" harry asked.

"n-no, it happened again."

"this has been going on since last year, i think it's time for you to go see a therapist."

"no! no!"

harry held niall close, "it'll help, i promise."

"i just want you to be better," he said as niall fell asleep.

--next night--

he opened the door to see another person, his roommate. he was running to niall, who was trapped.

there was a wooden plank in front of niall's door.

he came closer and closer before-

"niall!"

niall sat up, his heart beating.

"call someone tomorrow, i'm forcing you. this is not okay," harry ordered, his face concerned.

niall sighed before agreeing.

and he fell asleep again.

--the next night--

he came closer and grabbed the plank, his screams of agony filling the burning house.

niall ran forward to save-

"niall! wake up!"

niall sat up, his face hot and wet and from the tears.

"did you call someone?" harry asked.

"yes, i'm going to the counselor tomorrow, at the place you used to go to."

"good, i just want to see you get better."

harry held niall as he fell asleep.

--the next day--

niall sat in the uncomfortable chair as a young woman sat across from him. she was taking notes of what niall was saying.

"-i tried to save him," he sobbed. "he grabbed onto the plank to push it out of the way so i'll be save, but doing so caused him to be on fire.

i tried to stop the flames, but then these two people came in, firefighters, they pulled me away. i-i can still hear him.

his screams haunt my dreams, every night. i can't sleep. i can't sleep because i would never save him. but i tried to, i swear i tried to save him."

"who's him?" she asked.

niall looked up, his blue eyes staring into her hazel eyes.

"h-harry.

he's harry.

and he was my boyfriend.

and he died trying to save me."