37

"What?" I said dropping my ladle. I picked it up and washed it as Jack walked in.

"You know what I'm talking about Maddie. You guys don't seem like that beautiful couple you were 4 months ago. What happened between you guys?" He asked as I finished dinner.

"Nothing happened, we're the same couple we've always been. He's just out of town dealing with family issues." I said putting down dinner on the table. Everyone started eating and I thought about what James meant. We were parting a bit. No, we weren't or were we? I couldn't make up my mind. He was right. We didn't have that couple sparkle anymore. I wanted to burst into tears but I held them back. After dinner, i quickly washed the dishes and went to my room. I held my pillow tight to my chest as I started to cry a little.

"Hey Mads, can I crash the night here? Addison's being annoying." Dixie said as she walkrd in. I wiped away my tears and turned to face her.

"Of course sis, Addi can be pretty annoying." I said putting on a fake smile. She came and layed down next to me and talked to me for a little bit. We talked about how she was going to invest more in her music and how I wanted to invest in acting. She fell asleep after a while and I started to scroll through Tiktok until someone texted me from an unkown number.

Unknown

Unknown: Hello miss maddie, do you know the real reason Thomas went to his hometown

Me: uhh hi, and he went for family issues

Unknown: no sweetie pie, he went to see this girl.