● 39 ●

| Taehyung ; Angst |

It's okay, he was fine as long as he had you. That was what he thought.

He'd be happy to be with you. As long as it's you, he'd be happy. Because he loved you. You were his entire world. His 'first and last'.

But he never thought that it would hurt like this. It hurts to see you cry. It hurt him a lot. 

He curled up on the bed, his hand clutching his heart. Your muffled sobs were too much. His tears trickled down unconsciously. He couldn't stop him no matter how much he tried.

His lips were parted, but no sound came. He could only emptily stare forward. Taehyung's mind was a mess and his heart a wreck. But still, he fought and tried his hardest to keep his heart from falling apart.

"Namjoon-ah . . . " You whispered, your voice breaking.

And then he lost it. 

He grit his teeth. Until now, it was still Namjoon.

Taehyung built you up, he accepted your flaws, he picked up the broken pieces of your heart to put them together again only for you to give it back to someone else.

But he was too stupid to let you go. Because he loved you. 

He told himself that he would wait until he was the one that you loved. Who knew that waiting was painful.

----

Taehyung watched in silence as your wide eyes was instantly filled with joy the moment you saw the man. He stood and watched, he watched with pain filling him to the brim.

"It's nice to see you again, Namjoon-ah!"

"It's the same for me, M/n!"

Your smile was wide when Namjoon wrapped his arms around you, it was a smile wider than when you were with him.

"How are you and Taehyung-ah?"

"Oh, we're doing fine. How about you? You a double now?"

He could see how your eyes would travel down to his ring finger from time to time, and your eyes sparkled when the younger replied.

"I'm fine too. And, no. Still single." Namjoon shrugged, showing you his dimples that made your knees weak.

Taehyung turned around and walked away.

----

"Please . . . "

Tears left Taehyung's eyes as he looked down, unable to keep eye contact.

His voice was shaking as he continued, "Please take care of him . . . he's my everything. Please don't make him cry."

"Taehyung-ah . . . "

"Please don't make him cry again. I took him out of his misery, I built him up . . . I fixed him, only for someone else to benefit- wait," Taehyung breathed in, "I only kept him in misery. Now, I'm letting him go to you. So please, take good care of him."

"It's hard to fight destiny. And you were destined to be with each other. No matter how much I hate it, I can't do anything about it." He forced a smile on his face.

Namjoon's eyes widen with the younger's next action. He pulled the ring from his ring finger and placed it on the taller's palm.

"I'm giving him up. Because he's happier with you."

"B-but he needs you . . . "

"He needs me but he doesn't love me. He needs you, and he loves you."

He let out a sigh, "When he hugs me, I know that you're the one in his mind. So please, do me a favor and love him and take care of him."

- - - 

to my fellow filipino peeps out there, have u listened to paubaya? if u did, let's all cry together.

anyway, i'm settling this book to fifty imagines then i'll edit some and delete the a/ns. stay safe and let's talk on discord!