make it stop ;; oikawa t.

inspiration - the tiktok trend where your soulmate can hear you when they sing. but i came up with my own twist.

this is a soulmate au where once you turn eighteen, if you keep your eyes completely closed for ten seconds or longer, you can see what your soulmate sees.

there is also a partial "connection" to your soulmate; for example, if you feel a certain emotion enough, your soulmate might feel it too.

also, this is pretty sad so if you don't prefer angst, i would recommend staying away from this one.

warning: suicide, sad oikawa.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

You knew all too well who your soulmate was, but you doubted he knew.

Tooru fucking Oikawa. The star of Seijoh's volleyball team. The stag with a sea of students, male and female, fawning over him.

If he knew you were his soulmate, you doubted he would do anything. If he did know, he didn't do anything to let you know. There were plenty of more perfect people who were after him. Plus, people being in committed relationships with someone that wasn't their soulmate wasn't completely uncommon. Sometimes, people didn't find the right one, or felt that the right one for them wasn't the one fate said was for them.

Of all people, your soulmate was Tooru Oikawa. And you were the team manager.

You shut your eyes one last time, holding them closed until you could see in his vision. Of course, you couldn't hear what was happening, but you could see.

He was talking with Iwaizumi before a game, walking out onto the court as they spoke. Tooru began to look across the court, waving to the rows and rows of fan-girls who came to his game, but even you could tell that wasn't what he was focused on.

Deciding not to think about what he was doing anymore, you opened your eyes again.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

"Has anyone seen [Y/N]?" Tooru asked, scanning the rows of people in the stands. Iwaizumi didn't know, Mattsun and Makki didn't know. Not even the coach knew where you were.

He frowned. Usually, you were there, as you should be. You were the manager, after all!

Iwaizumi stopped him in his tracks. "Just shut up and play, Shittykawa. We're up against Dateko. If you aren't at your best, we won't be able to break through the Iron Wall." Even if Tooru didn't say a word, he knew the ace could read his mind like a book.

Tooru paused. He was right. He shouldn't focus on a single absence from you. The game should be on his mind. The lone thought came back into his mind, creeping up from the shadows.

Iwaizumi knew who his soulmate was; she was living somewhere in Shinjuku as a student, he knew that much based on what he could see.

In Tooru's "soulmate vision," he could recognize some things that were nearby, and even certain parts of Aoba Johsai's school. They were a Seijoh student, he was certain of that.

He cursed the stars above for the fact that his soulmate wouldn't look at enough hints to give him. If they could just look into a mirror, he would be able to recognize them if he saw them, but alas, he didn't even know what they looked like!