thanksgiving

inspiration - i hate thanksgiving because i hate my family, so here's some cute headcanons of these gaylords on this cursed holiday.

two categories here: one for thanksgiving with your family,

and another for the real chaos; thanksgiving with the entire cast.

random number generator selected characters for most of this so if someone you hoped for wasn't listed, i will cry.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

thanksgiving with your family

koutarou bokuto is after all of the meats; turkey, ham, you name it. an entire turkey leg is reserved just for him. you can practically see the stars in his eyes and drool down his chin the second he sees the table covered in amazing dishes.

kenma kozume doesn't eat a whole lot, but at least he eats everything on his plate. the downside is that he wasn't allowed to have any devices at the table.

kiyoomi sakusa helps clean up once everyone is done with the feast, making sure that both the kitchen and dining table are spotless and sparkling. because of him, your first thanksgiving with him was your neatest one of all.

takanobu aone spent thanksgiving with your family. his only words throughout the entire thanksgiving were a short speech at the table. it was short but definitely very sweet. he told everyone at the table how much he looked forward to thanksgiving, and especially how grateful he was for coming into your life.

keishin ukai helped to prepare the feast for the day. he was mostly a follower; whoever ran the kitchen was definitely in charge, he was just there to help. he was the tallest in the kitchen too so he was a bigger help than he let on.

tooru oikawa's first thanksgiving with your family was a nightmare. when time came to say what everyone was grateful for, he only said his volleyball career and you. in that order. if you couldn't already tell, your parents hate him.

if you thought daichi sawamura would have a terrible first thanksgiving with your family, keep that to yourself, that's embarrassing. he's a true gentleman. he helped out in the kitchen, offered to help cut the turkey/ham, and even washed the dishes and put everything away afterwards. if you have siblings, he also gets along quite well with them! unlike one certain captain, your family adores him.

your family refers to kei tsukishima as a relative, considering how much they like him--it's surprising for everyone. he kept his sarcasm to himself and even surrendered his headphones for the feast. he was surprisingly polite, aside for him joining in with one of your relatives to pick on you.

if you have energetic younger siblings, kourai hoshiumi kept them entertained before dinner. you wouldn't expect him to be good with children, knowing him, but he blends in well with them.

tobio kageyama started choking the second he started eating. after a moment to take a drink and a breath, he went right back to eating the food your family prepared. he clearly likes it because;
one) this is the fastest you have ever seen him eat.
two) he pretty much foamed at the mouth.

semi eita brought his guitar to your home on thanksgiving day. after dinner, everyone went to the living room to hear him sing and play. one lyric in particular was very familiar, and all while he sang it, his eyes were on you.

at the dinner table, yuu nishinoya shared dozens of entertaining stories from when he traveled the world with asahi. if your relatives were curious about a certain country, he had a story to tell from it. of course, he told his tales all while shoveling food in his mouth, putting his words on hold to chew an uncountable amount of times.