weakness ;; bokuto k.

inspiration - i got an idea for a bokuto x reader but instead of making an entire book for it, i made a single chapter on it for this.

it's very wholesome and sweet.

also, there's two references to a certain other story, you'll know them when you see them. if you find both, i love you and your hair looks nice.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

You still remembered the day you told Akaashi, "I'm dating Bokuto."

And what was the first thing he said?

"I know."

You would have asked how he knew, and then you remembered that Bokuto was involved. If Bokuto knew something, Akaashi knew it too. He was probably the first person Koutarou told. That, or he helped to encourage Bokuto to confess to you in the first place.

"One moment." With that, Akaashi stood and went to his bag. You watched with furrowed brows as he dug through it for only a few seconds (it's Akaashi, obviously he's organized) before he pulled out a small notebook. It was one of those fancy ones with a leather cover and a string attached as a bookmark for the reader's current page. He sat back down across from you, sliding the notebook across the coffee table. "Keep this."

You reached out and picked up the tattered notebook. The cover was torn in a few places, but overall well kept. You could see that its pages were yellowed from years of life. "What is this?"

Akaashi raised a single hand, adjusting his half-rim glasses. "All of Bokuto's weaknesses." You nodded slowly. You didn't believe him until you opened the first page.

Neatly decorated and numbered was little notes about Bokuto and whatever weaknesses he had. Some were specific to volleyball, while others were sort of random. He probably would have organized them if it was on a virtual notebook. Your eyes darted between weaknesses in utter disbelief. You flipped page after page until you finally stopped at the bookmarked one.

It stopped at fifty-three.

"Oh my god," you blinked a few times, "I'm dating a child."

Akaashi chuckled. "He's a good guy, though. He means well."

"Why are you giving me this?" You looked up.

His lips were curved into a small, warm smile. "You'll want it. Trust me."

Hell, this man was practically your father-in-law at this point.

While Akaashi reached for his drink, you flipped through the book, opening to a random page that came before the bookmark, your eyes darting to a random number.

37) When he's excelling at a certain aspect of his game, sometimes he'll forget how to do everything else.

You hate to admit that you have seen that one in action before.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

"Agaaasheeeeee, what do I dooooo?"

"Did you call them?" He replied into the phone.

"I did!" Bokuto paused for a moment. "Thirty-seven times!" He definitely had to go back and look for an exact number.

At this point, Keiji wasn't even surprised. "I'm sure they're fine-"

"Oh wait, I'm getting another call, I think it's them!" Bokuto screeched. Akaashi practically heard his hair raise again in delight. Koutarou immediately hung up the second he finished his words.