Chapter Nine - Baptism By Fire

As the Bad Batch came face to face with All For One, they were all frozen in fear by his mere presence. For the first time in their lives, the Bad Batch were scared. Despite this, Hunter knew something had to be done. His Electromagnetic Sonar detected the UA students just outside the building. Knowing that they were in danger as well, Hunter knew he had to think of something fast.

All For One: Why do you fight for a society that fear and loathe you? If you were all to fall by my hand, not a single soul would mourn you. 

Hunter: That may be, but that won't stop us from doing our job. 

Meanwhile on the roof of the repository building, Crosshair watches the entire thing go down through the scope of his 773 Firepuncher Sniper Rifle. As he aimed his scope at Hunter, he could see that he was using sign language. Crosshair was able to translate it. 

Crosshair: I hope you know what you're doing, Hunter. 

Crosshair then aimed his scope towards All For One. Meanwhile, the Bad Batch began to slowly snap out of the crippling fear they were trapped in. All For One chuckled. 

All For One: When a man meets a force he cannot destroy, he destroys himself instead. Tell me, Hunter. What is your next move? 

Hunter: Guess we're about to find out. 

Hunter then closes his fist. As he does, a bullet rips through the window and hits All For One's gas mask, stunning him. Hunter then sees his opportunity. 

Hunter: WRECKER! CLEAR THE WAY NOW! 

Wrecker: On it!

Wrecker then rams through a wall. As he does, he grabs the UA students while Hunter carries the unconscious Ragdoll. The group included Midoriya, Todoroki, Iida, Yaoyorozu and Kirishima. As they clear the building, Hunter turns to Wrecker. 

Hunter: Wrecker! Blow the charges now!

With a smile on his face, Wrecker detonates the charges. As he does, explosions begin to erupt inside the building. It wasn't long before the entire building was leveled. The Bad Batch soon took a breather. 

Tech: That was...intense. 

Hunter: Looks like All Might won't have to deal with this guy anymore. 

???: Is that what you think?

Upon hearing that voice, the Bad Batch and the UA students were shocked. The UA students rushed behind cover as All For One walked through the ruins of the building unscathed.

Wrecker: You've got to be shitting me!

All For One: I'll admit, that was a clever plan. Had I not used a Hardening Quirk I acquired some time ago, I would've most certainly be dead. 

All For One then uses an enhanced Air Cannon Quirk to fire a powerful blast at the repository building Crosshair was in, completely levelling it. 

Hunter: Crosshair! 

All For One: That should take care of that pesky sniper.

Hunter: Wrecker! Tech! Let's take this son of a bitch down!

Hunter along with Wrecker and Tech attacked All For One, but All For One proved too powerful than them. In the fight, Hunter was thrown back by All For One. As Hunter recovered, he was contacted by Crosshair. 

Crosshair(Comlink): Hunter! Do you read me?!

Hunter: Crosshair! Are you all right?! 

Crosshair(Comlink): I'll be fine. Armor's a little banged up, but was able to take the brunt of the blast. 

Hunter: Get to the Havoc Marauder immediately! 

Crosshair(Comlink): Copy. 

As Hunter ended communications with Crosshair, Hunter saw All For One wiping the floor with Wrecker and Tech. Tech was thrown aside while All For One grabbed Wrecker by the throat. 

All For One: Such an impressive Quirk, Wrecker. Allow me to relieve you from it. 

As All For One was about to begin the process of stealing Wrecker's Quirk, Hunter roars as he charges at him. Before All For One could react, Hunter tackled him and the two grappled. As Hunter threw a punch, All For One grabs it. Hunter smirks as he activates a thermal detonator. The blast threw the two combatants away from one another. Hunter was injured by the blast while All For One received only scorch marks on his mask and suit. Before the Villain could move on Hunter, the League of Villains as well as Bakugo were transported to their location. Not too long after that, All Might arrived at the scene. As the attention fell on All Might, Hunter and the rest of the Bad Batch slowly recovered and regrouped. 

Tech: Sir, what's the plan? 

Hunter: We need to get Bakugo out of here now! Crosshair should be here any minute. Wrecker, when you see an opportunity, grab Bakugo and run. Tech, you get the kids and Ragdoll ready. Once the Havoc Marauder arrives, we need to get the hell out here!

As All Might fought All For One, Wrecker saw his opportunity and grabbed Bakugo. Hunter kept the League of Villains occupied while Tech gathered the UA students and Ragdoll. Soon enough, the Havoc Marauder arrived. 

Hunter: Everyone go! Tossing smoke!

Hunter then tossed a smoke grenade to cover his tracks. The Bad Batch then got the UA students and Ragdoll on board. 

Hunter: We're all in, Crosshair! Go, go, go!

The Havoc Marauder then took off and left the area with lightning speed. As they successfully rescued Bakugo, All Might and All For One engaged in a titanic battle that would impact the world. In that battle, All Might had used the last of his power to defeat him. The repercussions of this would impact society to it's core, but for the Bad Batch, it was a baptism by fire.