Chapter Thirty Two - Betrayal

At the Bad Batch's headquarters, Crosshair meets up with the rest of the Bad Batch who were preparing for their mission. Once Crosshair arrives, the Bad Batch gathered their equipment and boarded the Havoc Marauder. Omega wanted to go, but Hunter didn't let her, fearing for her safety. As the Havoc Marauder took off, Hunter began going over the plan. 

Hunter: Listen up, everyone! Our target is arms dealer Gizor Dellso. We've got strong intel that he's been supplying the League of Villains. If we can capture him, than we can interrogate him for any information on the League. 

Jiro: You really think he'll know anything on the League?

Tech: Based on our intel, he's been working with the League since a little before the attack on the USJ. 

Suddenly, beeping was heard on the comms. Tech looks at the number and recognizes the number. 

Tech: That's Gizor Dellso's number. 

Jiro: Why is he calling us? 

Hunter: I don't know. Tech, answer it. 

Tech then answers it.

Hunter: You're speaking with the Bad Batch, Dellso. What do you want? 

Gizor(Phone): P...Please! You have to help me! 

Hunter: What are you talking about?

Gizor: The League is going to kill me! They're rounding up anyone they deem to be loose ends! Those no longer essential to they're plans are being executed! You must hurry, before they kill me too! I have vital information on the League! Help me and any information I have is yours! Hurry!

As the phone abruptly hangs up, Hunter quickly realizes that the mission to capture Gizor Dellso has become more complicated. 

Hunter: Change of plans. Capture Dellso and protect him from the League. 

Wrecker: This should be fun!

Wrecker laughs as the Havoc Marauder races towards Gizor Dellso's compound. When they arrive, they hover over a nearby building overlooking the compound. 

Hunter: Crosshair, set up a sniper's nest on that building. Take down anyone who might try to take out Dellso.

Crosshair: Understood.

Crosshair then exits the Havoc Marauder and sets up a sniper's nest on the building. Tech then pilots the Havoc Marauder and lands it outside the compound.

Hunter: Look alive! Go go go!

Hunter and the rest of the Bad Batch exits the Havoc Marauder and moves into the compound. As the Bad Batch moves through the compound, they find the building to be empty. 

Wrecker: Where's all the guards?!

Hunter: Something's not right. Don't let your guard down. 

With that, the Bad Batch moved through the compound until they reached Gizor Dellso's office where they found Gizor hiding behind his desk.

Hunter: Gizor Dellso. 

Gizor: About time you've arrived! We must hurry! It won't be long until the League sends their assassins after me! 

Hunter: Your welcome. 

Once the Bad Batch takes Gizor Dellso, they began moving him through the compound. As they reached the main room, a voice calls out to them.

???: Going somewhere, Dellso?

The Bad Batch turn around to see Swordkil and the Shadow Dogs. 

Swordkil: Hunter. We really have to stop meeting like this. It's starting to get on my nerves. 

Hunter: Doing the League's dirty work, Swordkil. You certainly get around. 

Swordkil: The League pays well. Now if you'll be so kindly as to hand that piece of shit Gizor Dellso, we'll call it a day. 

Hunter: Not gonna happen. Dellso's coming with us. 

Swordkil: Well....it was worth a shot. 

Suddenly, a sniper shot is fired into the building and hits Gizor Dellso in the heart, killing him instantly. The Bad Batch were shocked by this. 

Hunter: Crosshair! I didn't give you the order to fire the shot!

Suddenly, an all out fight broke out between the Bad Batch and the Shadow Dogs. Meanwhile in his sniper's nest, Crosshair begins his descent. Back in the warehouse, the fight between the Bad Batch and the Shadow Dogs reached a stalemate when a familiar voice calls out to them.

???: You best stand down, Hunter. Make this easy on yourself. 

As the voice calls out to the Bad Batch, the fighting stops. The Bad Batch turn to see Crosshair aiming his 773 Firepuncher Sniper Rifle at them. 

Hunter: Have you lost your mind?!

Crosshair: You should've listened to me, Hunter. These animals don't deserve anything but to be put down.

Hunter: I'm doing the right thing. 

Crosshair: You never could see the bigger picture. 

Swordkil: Guess your bond isn't as unshakable as you think it is, Hunter. Now then, Crosshair. I believe it's time we took care of these loose ends.

Crosshair: Your move, Hunter.

As the Bad Batch found themselves caught between Crosshair and the Shadow Dogs. During the standoff, Jiro discreetly jams her Earphone Jacks onto the floor. She then channels her heartbeat into a powerful soundwave which causes the entire building to shake. Before Crosshair or the Shadow Dogs could attack, Jiro's attack causes part of the ceiling to collapse. As Crosshair and the Shadow Dogs moved out of the way, Hunter sees his opportunity. 

Hunter: We need to leave! Wrecker, clear us a path!

Without hesitation, Wrecker charges through the wall, clearing a path for the rest of the Bad Batch. As the Bad Batch makes their way to the Havoc Marauder, Crosshair shoots at Hunter, shooting him in the shoulder. Despite Crosshair's best efforts, the Havoc Marauder takes off and gets away. As the Havoc Marauder escapes, Crosshair turns to the Shadow Dogs. 

Crosshair: We're done here. 

In that moment, Crosshair had betrayed the Bad Batch. What the Bad Batch didn't know was that Crosshair's betrayal would have leave devastating repercussions for the Bad Batch.