4 - Levi

Levi's POV

It has been a week with the new secretary. My sleep hasn't changed. True that I had been finishing paperwork earlier now, but I would end up reading till late anyways. There was no point.

(Y/N) was alright. She didn't mess up as much as I thought she would. We also don't talk outside work. I noticed that she was a different person towards me than when I would see her with Hanji or the Commander.

Maybe she doesn't like me.

She was more talkative, cheery, and friendly with others. When we talk, (Y/N) would just stare at me dead in the eye and responded when she needed to. It was almost forced.

I guess I shouldn't really care. It's not like I wanted her in the first place.

*knock knock*

"Name and business?"

"Captain, it's (Y/N)."

"Come in."

As usual, she wiped her feet and entered with the same blank expression. She was holding a stack of papers, probably just wanting me to sign them.

"Just leave it there on my table. I'll look at it later."

She doesn't respond. (Y/N) placed the stack neatly, and turned around to go back out. The door closed gently behind her.

That was it. That was how we conversed.

I only knew her from Hanji. She would blab about different stories about (Y/N) once in a while, not like I paid any attention.

After paperwork and tea, I decided to head to my room for bed. As I locked my office, I noticed (Y/N) doing the same for hers. We both walked to our rooms in silence with me a little ahead of her.

For some reason, I started growing curious. It was as if she was copying me, my responses, my expressions, everything.

When it came to our turn at the end of the hallway, (Y/N) turned the other way that led outside.

Why is she going out this late?

My curiosity got the best of me, and before I knew it, my tongue slipped.

"(L/N), where are you going?"

"Outside."

She didn't even look at me to respond, and that one worded snarky reply...

She's good.

...

I was curious on where she was going, so I waited a couple seconds to make her think I went to my room. I peeked by the wall to see where (Y/N) went. It wasn't hard to find her. She just sat at the bench right outside. She stared at the moon, her eyes had a slight twinkle to it.

I wondered what she was thinking about, and why she did that in the first place.

Why do I even care really?

"Levi? What are you doing?"

Hanji's voice made me jump out of my hiding spot. I looked back at (Y/N) to make sure she didn't hear. She sat there normal and unbothered.

Thank god.

"What are you looking- OH ARE YOU STALK-"

I jumped up quickly and placed my hand over her mouth. I dragged her into the hall, far from (Y/N).

"You don't tell ANYONE about this."

"Captain~ Do you by chance have a crush on your little secretary? Omg! What a pervert watching her!!"

My mouth couldn't even come up with the right words as I struggled to explain myself. Eventually I gave up trying and headed to my room. I hate to admit it but there was no reasonable explanation.

"Don't worry Captain!! Your secret's safe with me!"

Hanji called after me. It made me wince at the thought. Everyone knows that Hanji is the BEST at keeping secrets.

Ugh... what did I get myself into?

...

The next day, Hanji stumbled into me on my way to the office. She was giggling more than normal.

Tch she's gotten more annoying.

"Levi has a crush~ Levi has a crush~"

"Shut your mouth four eyes!"

"Awwww! I ship it already."

I grew frustrated. I didn't even like (Y/N) in that way. I just got curious.

"I don't like (Y/N). I barely even know her!"

"Then why were you stalking her? Hmm?"

Hanji was facing me, hands on her hips as she looked at me skeptically. I refused to face her because I knew I would get more frustrated.

"She treats me different."

I admitted. As much as I found Hanji annoying as fuck, she was still one of the very few close friends I had. She took a step back and looked at me seriously.

"Well duh! (Y/N)'s the type of person who's vibe changes depending on who she's with. If you're happy, she'll be happy. If you're sad, she'll get upset too, and if you're acting like a heartless bitch...well.."

That makes sense.

"I thought you didn't like her. Why are you suddenly invested in how she treats you?"

Hanji's mischievous smirk came back again. I looked away and continued towards my office, ignoring her question because...

I didn't know myself.

Nov.14/20