14 - You

Your POV

I couldn't sleep that night. I kept replaying the events that just happened. I had a hard time believing that Levi willingly showed me his vulnerable side.

When he asked me to be his secretary again, the time he said 'please', his eyes wavered. That was what got me, he tried looking for something in my eyes. Maybe he was looking for hope that I would come back. I couldn't forget his face.

I had mixed feelings. I was very flattered that the Captain recognized my talents and even gave a sincere apology which was very rare. He even thanked me, but was scared.

What if it's an act? What if he just wants me back to do his work and treats me coldly again? Even after seeing me broken like that...

He wouldn't do something so sadistic right? He's not like that.

I tried dismissing the negative thoughts to try and get some sleep.

The next morning...

I joined the cadets for breakfast. They greeted me happily.

"(Y/N)!!! Where were you last night?! You didn't join us for dinner!"

Sasha yelled out. I apologized to them and took a seat next to Armin as usual.

"I was just really tired so I stayed in bed, I'm well rested now."

"You don't look like it- OW!"

Connie's statement was quickly interrupted by Jean smacking his head. I let out a laugh and tried fixing my hair a bit more.

"No, he's right. I didn't get the best sleep last night, probably cause I took a nap just before bed."

I didn't lie, I just left out the panic attack and Levi part. Everyone nodded and went back to normal.

"So? What did I miss so far?"

As everyone was updating me on their stories, I couldn't help but feel a burning stare on me. Quickly, I searched the room to look for him/her. My eyes met with a black haired grump. He didn't seem fazed that I caught him.

I nodded at him and he nodded back, before going back to his tea. He picked up the cup by the rim.

Weird, I never noticed that. Did he always do that?

"(Y/N)? Why are you blushing?"

I snapped back to my group, Eren was looking at me curiously. Automatically, I panicked and frantically tried to cover it up.

"I'm not blushing. It's just warm!"

Good one (Y/N).

...

I made my way to office, still nervous as ever. It just seemed awkward after all that happened to us. How could we just go back to normal? At least I wouldn't have to see him really, I would just be at my desk.

Opening the door to my office, I'm met with an empty room. Everything gone, my desk, chair, decorations. All that was left were the bigger pieces of furniture like the couch and bookshelf.

"Where-"

"(Y/N)."

His stern voice gave me shivers. I turned towards him and was in shock. Levi looked more normal, he already seemed way better than he did the past couple weeks. He kept his usual poker face.

"My stuff-where is my stuff?"

"I got it moved to my office. You won't have to make the walk to my office anymore when you're done with papers. You're welcome."

Levi turned around and headed for his- well I guess OUR office now.

That jerk. What about my privacy?!

He stopped at the entrance and nodded his head to follow him. I dragged my feet there, wiping my feet before entering. Levi's office was way bigger, so it easily fit the two desks. They were on opposite sides of the room.

I saw my desk arranged exactly how I left it, but I didn't see any of my decorations. Levi was watching me for a reaction. He seemed to be able to read my thoughts.

"I placed your extra stuff in that box."

There was a small crate beside my desk that had my stuff. I ran over to it to examine if any of them were damaged.

"Don't worry, I packed it carefully for you."

"Tch. Why did you put them here?"

I turned to snap at him. Some of those decorations were very close to heart for me, and for him to just move them around without telling me is a great offence.

"I didn't know how you wanted it set up. I wanted you to decorate our office, make it look more lively."

He walked to his desk after closing the door and started looking at the papers on his desk. I picked up the crate and sat it on my desk. At this point, I was extremely confused.

"So (Y/N)? How was your morning?"

What the fuck is happening right now?

Nov.20/20