j. girl friend

"jisoo, i'm sorry—just let me explain, okay? i'm not leaving until you come out and listen."

"you said that before we went to the party and you still left."

"jisoo, please!"

the loud begging of the girl on the other side of the door simply repeated itself after every few minutes of quiet mumbling and silence. the fits of apologizing and stubbornness mixed together was going to annoy the hell out of the older soon enough if she didn't block out the noise anytime soon.

after the little scene last night, jisoo found herself walking home alone, figuring that her girlfriend had better company in the tight space they had. she had been in her room since.

was it an overreaction? perhaps.

but jisoo didn't want to stay and watch chaeyoung look at the so called girl that was a friend like she was the greatest person on earth. and the last thing jisoo did not want to do was go back inside and possibly run into jennie and create a new set of feelings.

she knew both would cause great toll on either parts of her ability to handle herself so she did what she knew best.

hide.

she does that a lot. like hiding from her feelings, responsibilities.. its like a daily hobby of hers.

though on her walk home from the party last night, she hadn't been able to get the visuals of the friend out of her head. she did seem familiar but jisoo didn't know where. or why.

she had a small group of friends, and she knew everyone's at least closest contact or relationship. thats why it just doesn't make sense.

who was she forgetting in the picture?

"jisoo.. she's just a friend. only a friend. you know how much i like you!"

jisoo nearly let the mere whisper of a "do i?" out but managed to keep it in. believing it to be petty, or just not necessary to say as she had already left chaeyoung at her door to her room.

"i really do like you, jisoo. and i told you i'm sorry. please, whatever i have to do to make you trust me i'll do it. just say the damn word, and i'll do it!"

she wonders how couples handle it when they get into dumb fights like these. or how they even get through the same two words somewhere constantly sprawled as "i'm sorry!" across their hearts. certainly, she did want to try and communicate.

communication was key.

or maybe there was just a part of her that wanted to stop herself from hearing lies.

"oh thank god, jisoo"

the very moment jisoo set her mind on opening up, chaeyoung threw her arms around her neck and pulled her into a tight embrace, sighing heavily from relief. it didn't feel as warm or genuine as their previous hugs, but maybe the only reason was because jisoo didn't have any from her since last night.

yeah, it could be just that.

"so?"

jisoo firmly asks, the first to pull away from the hug to keep her guard up.

"who is she? and i don't mean your relationship with her, chaeng. i mean—her name, stuff like that"

she decides to hold off on the fact that she wasn't even introduced in any way to the friend. even if she said that she was just a friend it'd be better than none.

and the none just happened.

which was completely strange of chaeyoung because she always likes to introduce jisoo to everyone she knows. of course, to the exception of son chaeyoung who was drunk.