Chapter 8

Grian woke in his bed to the sound of people calling his name. His eyes widened and surrize came through him.

He started to get up when a shocking pain tore through his left arm. He looked down, confused, before remembering last night. His spirit immediately darkened.

But that was some of the reason it was there- to remind him he shouldn't be happy.

Grian got up and walked out of the smaller room and into the much bigger one.

"Grian?"
"Grian! Where are you?"

Two different voices called and Grian recognized them as Mumbo and Iskall.

Grian was about to answer back before his mouth abruptly stopped. These two hermits were some of his closest friends and the last time he saw one had been him slicing through his leg.

Still, Grian answered back. "I'm over here!"

He came out from behind the storage system of which he never used. Both Iskall and Mumbo were right by the villager hole where Grian often traded.

They looked at him, their faces brightening.

"G-Grian! Where have you been?" His mustached friend asked. Grian first took in his looks and noticed, while holding back a shudder, that a shape of a bandage or something of the sort was below Mumbos suit on his calf.

His right hand tightened. "I-ive been here.." he said.

"Dude, we havent seen you round at all! Everyone has been worried. All Xisuma said was that something had taken control if you and not to blame you. Also stating that whatever it was was much stronger than he originally thought." Iskall exclaimed.

Grian let out a very quick sigh. "I'm sorry I did it. I really didnt mean to. Ever since then I've stayed here, I-I was afraid it would happen again."

Iskall and Mumbo gave eachother shocked looks. Grian was usually so excited and determined about things. Something about this had to be major to get his spirits down like this.

"Well, do you want to play stand-off? Me and Iskall were thinking that we could have a mini championship!!" Mumbo said, his voice escalating with every word.

"Yeah! Winner gets 12 bamboo!" Iskall added on, and Grian couldnt hide his smile. Both Iskall and Mumbo laughted.

"Of course!" Grian answered before realizing what that meant. His face fell. "Wait, do you guys know that if we do theres a big chance I might go all... you know...." Grian trailed off. This wasnt a good idea. But both Iskall and Mumbo were nodding.

"Yeah, we know that Grian. But we still want to hang out with you. No one has seen you- even the resistance. And I think they are a little lost without a leader by the way." Mumbo said.

Grian cringed. He had forgotten all about the resistance. Idiot!

Then Iskall's eyes flickered down to his hand. "Whoa, what happened?" He asked, staring in suprize. Mumbo, who noticed it when Iskall pointed it out, wore quite a simular expression.

Grians wings twitched. He could feel a lie burning at his lips. "I hit my arm with the pickax while I was mining out more of that hole beside my base. I didnt want to bother anyone so I just wraped it up myself." Grian said smoothly.

"Ouch! You might want Sca- I mean, Xisuma to check on that." Mumbo stuttered but Grian didnt miss his slip. Scar was an amazing healer, and thanks to Grian he was useless right now. So they just had X who has had some training in medical stuff.

Grian looked down at his arm. At least they believed the lie. Grian was suprized with himself for saying it that smoothly. It was exactly how he would have if it had actually happened.