Chapter 17

Grian was sitting on the ground bored. There really wasn't much to do in the cell at all. He couldnt even stretch his wings all the way out it was so small.

He was picking at a loose strap on the bandage that was wraped around his arm.

It was maybe around 9 AM. Grian barely got any sleep. The same happened with Etho; they had spent most of the night chatting.

Xisuma was sitting at the desk. He also was seemingly bored, his arm holding his head up and his free arm tapping a pen against the table.

Through out the day the HEP had changed out people at the desk, a hermit came to make sure Grian and Etho didnt break out for an hour or two before someone else came and took their spot.

And everyone who entered the room immediately wanted to leave. Which was understandable, it was boring Grian to death.

Suddenly Xisuma straightened. "I think I should go get breakfast for you two."

Grian perked up.

"I made sure the food was good, it's already enough having to stay in a cell, you dont need a bad diet too!" Xisuma exited the room.

Etho waited for a few seconds before speaking.

"Grian, do you have a plan to get out of here?" He asked.

Grian didn't. But he might soon. "Wait for Xisuma to come back, I want to see how he delivers the food to us." He said.

Xisuma shortly came into the room holding two plates with pancakes and bacon on them. Grians belly growled. X went to Etho's cage first with a sigh. "Geez.. I'm really sorry guys. I'm trying to work on getting a new place for you two to stay in." He said.

"Alright Etho, I'm going to need you to go to the back of your cage." Xisuma continued.

Shuffling sounds followed.

"Alrighty." Xisuma then broke the top part of Ethos bars. He placed the plate down before replacing the upper part if the cage.

"Thanks!" Etho said.

Grian could see that Xisuma did really feel bad. He kept looking down guilty and saying things like, 'I'm sorry...'

Etho and Grian never comforted him though.

Xisuma turned and took a step towards Grians cage. "Grian, back of the cell as well please."

Grian stood up. His side made a small pain but he walked backwards and pressed his back against the wall.

"Wait Xisuma." Grian said.

X, who was in the middle of breaking the bars, stopped.

"I have a few questions!" Grian anounced.

Xisuma nodded. "Alright."

"First, why aren't you using the door?" An iron door for the cell was next to the bars. Grian let out a small laugh. Which was suprizing if you looked at the conditions he was in at the moment.

Xisuma broke a smile. "Bdubs lost the key! We have absolutely no way of opening the doors now."

Grian laughed some more. He could hear some Etho giggling as well.

"Second question! Is it still raining outside?" Grian asked.

"Nope! The rain stopped earlier. Everything is wet though."

"Third question! What's your theory about Etho?"

At this Xisumas smile faltered. "Geez, well, funny story..."