~21~

My nerves are on edge as I stood in the room. Everyone is buzzing with anticipation, nervousness, and excitement. The tournament has finally arrived.

Johnny, the boys, Daniel, and I have been either impatiently waiting for this day or dreading it till it came.

I personally have been terrified for this day. We all have been practicing hard. What I'm afraid of is the outcome. How would Daniel act if we win? How would he act if he wins?

Don't get me started on Johnny. How's he gonna react to the results? Speaking of Johnny, he's looking at me with concern.

"You ok Y/n?" He asked, reaching over to rub circles into my back.

"I'm just nervous," I replied, looking up at Johnny's big blue eyes.

"You'll do great hun," He whispered.

"I'm not worried about that, I'm just worried on how it'll affect everyone. This tournament isn't just karate, it's personal," I mumbled.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, it wasn't before. But when you guys were messing with Daniel, it just, got personal. If he looses he'll be devastated. I'm afraid it'll affect our friendship," I explained.

"It'll be just fine, I promise," Johnny reassured.

"Pinky promise?"

Johnny hooked his pinky with mine, "Pinky promise."

Once we released our pinkies, it was time to go out and start.
...

"Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai!" We all shouted in unison.

I noticed Johnny and the group made sure to bump into Daniel on the way to our spot. We stood in a group with Kreese.

For some reason I have a bad feeling about that man. It's almost like he's going to do something. Kreese noticed my gaze. He raised an eyebrow before turning back to the crowd.

I looked over to Daniel, he seems nervous. I watched as Ali whispered something in his ear before he got on a mat with another person.

He glanced over to me with an uneasy stare. I gave him a small smile and a thumbs up to ease his nerves. Daniel nodded and faced his opponent.

I watched as Daniel kept stumbling out of his square. I cringed as he got knocked over. I looked up at Johnny, his expression is stone cold.

"Johnny?" I asked.

Johnny broke his solid face to smile at me warmly, "Yes princess?"

"I'm nervous," I say, leaning my head against the side of his shoulder.

"It's ok to be nervous, just try your best ok?" Johnny comforted, patting my head.

I felt the heat rush my face as I looked at him. I know things will be all ok when I look into his blue eyes.

My attention was pulled away as I saw the referee holding up Daniel's arm. I let out a quiet cheer, letting Daniel know I'm proud of him.

Kreese turned around to glare at me. I glared at him back. I know very well the only reason he keeps me around is to give Johnny motivation. I mean that is how I persuaded my way back onto the team.

When Kreese turned around I stuck my tongue out at him. The boys chuckled at my childish actions.

I heard Johnny's name called. He gave me a cocky smile before leaving the group to step onto a mat. Across from him was his opponent.

In a matter of a few minutes Johnny won easily. I cheered for him as well. Soon enough my name was called and I was up on a mat.

I faced a tall male. He had black, matted locks, (I'm assuming from sweat), hazel eyes, and dark skin. I couldn't help but smile. He looks like one of my friends back in my hometown.

We bowed before getting into our fighting positions. When we were allowed to start, I tensed up, anticipating his first move.

What I didn't expect was his eyes to widen at me. He seemed to be in a state of shock. I took this as an opportunity to strike first.

I kicked him the stomach, causing him to hurdle back. I was given the first point. (I knew nothing about karate ok, don't come for little me, she just wanted to write a fanfic and didn't look realistic stuff)

We continued on fighting, some kicks, some punches, but most were blocked by both sides. Eventually I took the last two points and won.

The guy bowed before saying, "You remember me? It's Reese from New York, I haven't seen you in a while."

I cracked a smile, "Reese!? No way you look great man! We have to hang out after this tournament is over!"

"Yeah, I'll see you after, Y/n," Reese responded before going back to his group.

After that encounter I participated in other fights, winning all, until now.

Daniel kicked me hard in the stomach, causing me to fall back, "Ah!"

Daniel got the winning point. He looked a bit concerned since I was struggling to get up.

"Y/n, you ok?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah...I'm...fine, good..job," I groaned out, getting up.

Daniel gave me a small smile before turning back to Mr. Miyagi. Daniel introduced me to him a little while ago. He's a nice guy.

I walked my way over Johnny, giving him a soft smile.

"You ok princess?" Johnny asked, cupping my face.

"I'm ok," I confirmed, putting my hand over his hand on my cheek.

I looked over as Kreese whispered something into Bobby's ear before he walked onto the mat with Daniel.

I felt myself grow nervous as they started.

Aaahhhh!! I'm gonna post more since I'm so far into the book that I'm almost done writing the whole thing. It doesn't end for a long while though. And I'm trying to post all this before my phone completely gives out on me and like dies dies. I'll try to dish out as many books as possible though. I already have another one in mind :)