~44~

The waves crashed on the beach. It's nice to watch the ebb of the water while the one you love plays with your hair.

My mind was numb with the sweet thoughts and memories of Johnny. The hopes of owning our own house one day. The fact that we're going to open our own dojo once we graduate! Already we are doing so much more than what normal teenage couples do.

It's a strange feeling of accomplishment mixed with the fear of growing up too fast. At least Johnny and I are in it together.

"What are you thinking about?" Johnny asked me, looking down at my face.

I laid down so my head was in his lap and I was looking up at him. The sun hit his face perfectly, giving it a pretty glow.

"How far we are. I mean most couples our age haven't even said "I love you" yet. And here we are planning on owning a house and opening a business together," I spilled the contents of my mind in all one go.

Johnny gave me a comforting look, "It just shows how strong our connection for one another is. We made each other stronger and better."

"I'm just afraid we're growing up to fast, we still have our whole lives ahead of us," I explained. Johnny gave me a confused smile.

"Just because we are accomplishing big things at a young age doesn't mean we're all grown up. It just means that we want the same thing and are willing to work hard for it," Johnny started, "That's why it's happening so fast. We both are putting in effort for the things we want."

"You're right. Even though we're doing a lot, it doesn't mean we'll be all grown up. Thank you for easing my thoughts, love," I responded, feeling comforted.

Johnny combed his fingers through my hair, "Of course, Princess. I want you to know everything will be alright."

I grabbed a hold of his hand,"I want you to know the same thing, Johnny."

I gave him a serious glance, "Just because it feels like everyone is leaving doesn't mean that it's true. You still have me, and the rest of the group. Not to mention my mom has always been supportive of us."

"I realized that. It took me a long while, but I know that now," Johnny whispered, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Are you happy?" I asked, sitting up and turning in his lap.

"Right now? Yes. I'm the happiest when I'm with you," Johnny replied, kissing my lips gently.

"Are you happy?" He asked, brushing my hair back from my face.

"I wasn't for a while. But now I'm with you and I realized how safe you make me feel. So yes, I am happy," I answered honestly.

"That's all I want," Johnny murmured, kissing the shell of my ear.

~Valentine's Day~ 💕
Ever since that day Johnny asked me to be his valentine, I've been planning on what to get him. A long time ago he gave me a book. In that book he listed all the reasons why he loves me. Just to let you know, that book is long as hell.

After I finished reading it, I wrote down my own reasons.

I've been collecting my own reasons. It's not really hard to come up with them since I pretty much love Johnny for everything. I've seen several sides of him and each one is lovable in it's own way.

The book itself has become quite thick. Certain places in the book had noticeable pages that stuck out on the side. Those pages contained little drawings of little memories that don't seem like a lot but really did mean a lot.

"Perfect," I whispered to myself, stuffing the book into my bag before Johnny could see it. I made sure to wrap a pretty bow around it beforehand.

"Are you ready?" I heard Johnny's voice call from the kitchen.

I walked into the living room, pulling my hair back into a ponytail in the process, "I'm ready!"

Johnny loosely wrapped his arm around my waist and guided me to his car. He gave me a quick glance.

"You never put your hair up, it looks nice," He commented, blushing slightly.

"I just thought about trying something new," I explained grabbing a loose strand that didn't make it's way into the ponytail.

I twirled the strand of hair around my fingers. If I'm honest I don't remember the last time I wore my hair up. Michael. I shuddered when the memories surfaced my mind.

Michael used to grab the back of my ponytails and pull me into him when I tried to walk away from him in an argument. I never trusted anyone after that.

Johnny gave me a worried look, "Are you ok, Princess? You spaced out."

"I'm alright," I mumbled.

"Are you sure?" Johnny stopped in front of me before we reached the car. He placed both of his hands on my waist and leaned down to kiss the tip of my nose, "You can tell me anything."

"When I wore my hair up with Michael, he would grab it and pull me towards him when I tried to get away. It's been a long time since I was comfortable enough to wear it up," I explained, looking up at Johnny's eyes.

"I trust you," I whispered softly before placing a kiss on Johnny's lips.

He smiled into the kiss, "I promise I'll never break that trust."

"Thank you Johnny, I love you."

"I love you too Y/n."

Damn. We're getting closer to the end. I'm not ready to reread that chapter. I'm so attached to this book 🤧