~22~

"Daniel!!" I cried out as I watched him fall to the floor. Daniel's face contorted to a pained expression.

I want to run over to him but Johnny is grasping me tight as he watches Bobby cry out an apology.

"I'm sorry!" He cried out, pulling at Daniel's gi.

The referee pulled Bobby off and telling him he's disqualified. As Bobby walked over to us I gave him a hurt look.

"Why did you do it?" I asked. Johnny gripped me tighter.

Bobby stayed quiet, on the verge of tears. I started to get angry. I started to struggle in Johnny's grip.

"Why!?" I asked again, trying to get to Bobby. However Johnny kept me in place, he barely moved with all of my thrashing.

Bobby glanced at me before looking at his feet, "Kreese told me to."

All my hurt and disappoint in Bobby drained from my body. Only to be replaced with hatred and anger for Kreese.

Before I said anything Johnny put his hand over my mouth, "Y/n I hate to say it but Kreese won't hesitate to hurt you if you say something. I personally don't want to see my Princess get hurt."

I looked up at his soft blue eyes. My anger and hatred drained from my body and left me empty and calm.

Johnny removed his hand to let me answer him, "I won't say anything."

He smiled before placing a gentle kiss against my lips. The kiss filled my emptiness with warmth.

I looked over to see the one of the staff holding a trophy, offering it to Kreese and Johnny. Before they could even reach out for it, the announcer gave us some shocking news.

"Daniel LaRusso is going to keep fighting!" The announcer...announced.

I couldn't help but let out a small cheer, earning a glare from the team. Even Johnny wasn't too pleased from this.

"He's my friend, I care about him too you know," I grumbled, crossing my arms.

Johnny sighed before stepping onto the mat with Daniel. They bowed, and that's when it started.

I watched as Johnny hit Daniel in the stomach. I cringed as he yelped in pain.

Watching the fight was nerve wracking. I let out a loud gasp as Johnny's face was slammed into the floor. A timeout was called due to Johnny having a bloody nose.

I hate to say it but it was a bit hot. Especially when Johnny winked at me when he caught me staring.

However after that wink, his face was full of confusion, hurt, and fear. Kreese has whispered something into his ear beforehand. Now I'm really nervous. It wasn't good when he said something to Bobby. It can't be good now.

Johnny stopped in front of me before returning. He took my hand in his and kissed it, "Look away."

"What?" I asked in confusion.

Johnny held my hand for a while before answering, "Just don't watch me for this next round. I'm really sorry Princess."

I gave him a concerned look before he dropped my hands and went back to the mat. I saw that Daniel was just as confused as me.

I decided to listen to Johnny, closing my eyes. He told me not to watch him.

My heart stopped as I heard a cry of pain. My first thought went to Daniel. I opened my eyes to seem him laying on the floor, holding onto his knee.

I realized why Johnny didn't want me to watch him. He didn't want me to see him hurt Daniel. You may think I'm mad at Johnny for this. I'm more mad at Kreese for having them cheat.

I came back to focus on the fight. Daniel had his one leg up, his other down. Both of his hands were raised above his head.

I watched as Daniel kicked Johnny in the face in a swift motion. Johnny fell down to the ground, holding onto his nose.

The referee grabbed Daniel's arm and held it up, "Winner!"

Lots of people cheered and surrounded Daniel. I gave him a grin and two thumbs up before running to Johnny.

"You did great love, I'm proud of you,"
I whispered in his ear softly.

Johnny stood up and grinned, "That's all I need to hear."

He looked over at Daniel before saying, "Good job man!"

I smiled as I watched them exchange a few nice words for the first time. My heart filled with happiness.

"Thank you Johnny for doing that," I said as I jumped onto him, hanging onto his torso like a Koloa.

He held my thighs up to keep me steady, "It was about time I give Daniel a break."

I laughed before snuggling my head into Johnny's chest. He carried me out into the parking lot with the boys.

My mom made sure to praise me for my performance before letting me know she's heading home and that she'll see me on Monday. I think she just assumed I was spending the weekend with Johnny again.

Johnny let me down. We were all talking and laughing about the tournament when Kreese came storming over.

"You're off the team!" He shouted at Johnny.

"I got second place!" Johnny shouted back, holding up his trophy, "I did my best!"

"What did you say!?" Kreese shouted.

"I did my best!" Johnny yelled back. Kreese grabbed his trophy, broke it, and threw it.

"You're really sick man!" Johnny yelled.

Kreese grabbed Johnny and held him in a choke hold.

My heart started to pound in fear as his face turned red.

Every time I reread these chapters I just...🤭...you know? I forgot that I wrote this stuff.