You know?

Wow by Zara Larsson

Aiden's pov

Cutting the cabbage, I poured it into my salad and sliced some cucumbers in it. I love salads with cucumbers. They are the best.

I walked into the living room and sat in front of the T. V, changing the station Mary was watching. I had mentally prepared myself for a rant.

" What the heck!" She said gently to my surprise. I ignored her and ate my salad.

I had an advantage since Renee was still punishing her for swearing that day. She had not forgotten it.

" Can't you just help me? I need to get out of this house." She whispered beside me.

" I am sorry, dear cousin. Such doesn't happen around here." I said with a smile.

" But what about the time you snuck out to a party with Jamal when grandpa told everyone to stay at home." She frowned.

How did she know that? I made sure no one was watching us. I stared at her with wide eyes.

" Yeah, I know. You are not the only observant one." She folded her arms.

" I don't care about what you think. Enjoy your punishment, would you?" I said with fruit in my mouth.

" I know Ariana would have helped me, unlike you." She scowled and walked away.

Smiling at her, I thought of Ariana. I had not spoken to her in a while and she had been acting weird around me.

I tried calling her just yesterday but she didn't pick up. I dropped my plate of salad on the table in front of me and dialled her number. It ringed like three times but she wasn't picking up.

I hoped she was not in trouble. She left really fast yesterday and she wasn't picking up her phone. Was she hiding something again? Did it have to do with Jake?

Maybe that was his plan. To black mail her again. Isn't that fool tired of his repetitive shit? He better come up with something new because I was ready to mess him up really bad.

I ran to my room and put on a sweater. Out there was too cold for me. Taking the car keys, I dashed out of the house and headed towards her house. I knew she would be there since she was more like an introvert.

Not sure yet.

I parked a few metres from her house and walked the rest of the way. Getting to her door, I knocked and waited a while after hearing footsteps.

She opened the door slightly and sighed when she saw me. I smiled at her action. Was she expecting me?

She had her hair packed up in a rough bun. She wore a simple T - shirt and shorts with her headphone around her neck.

" Hey." She smiled at me.

" Ariana, who is that?" Her mum shouted from the house. A frown formed on her face.

" Nobody!" She shouted in reply.

My smile dropped at her reply.

" What the heck! Even with the warm greeting." I folded my arms with a raised eyebrow.

That hurt a little.

She gave me an apologetic look and opened the door properly for me.

" We are not in the best terms right now. I am sorry." She apologized as her mum ran down the stairs. She saw me and turned to Ariana.

" I thought you said nobody?" She asked her.

" Good afternoon, Mrs. Thompson." I greeted her with a warm smile.