Chapter 47 : The Quiet Before The Storm...

Denki Kaminari's P.O.V

I was in the electrical room alone at the moment. Momo and Jiro had been in the electrical room with me, but when Momo fainted—due to exhaustion from quirk over usage—Jiro had to carry her to the infirmary. I had to act as if my brain was shorting out as I charged the backup generators, which always cracks me up as soon as I'm alone.

As I began charging the generators with my true power, I heard consistent, annoying, and very loud beeps coming from a secret pocket I had sown to my costume.

The pager.

I quickly removed the device from my pocket and looked around to see if anyone were there. Staring at the device, I wondered how it still worked. I guess pagers—being from the pre-cellphone era and all—wouldn't be affected by a grid-shutdown like this. Similar to how pay phones wouldn't be affected in these circumstances.

I checked to see what Yagi wanted and replied almost instantly, telling him that I'd be right there. I was confused at first, and wondered how he had gotten to Nabu island so fast, if he were even here. Then I wondered why he had come to Nabu island.

I had never asked him to come, nor did I say anything was wrong over the phone. Maybe he suspected something went south because the line cutting off. Or maybe he thought I had hung up the phone on him, and he was going to chew me out for it.

I shook my head as I felt a chill run down my spine—wondering what he would do to me if that were, in fact, the case. Yagi could be scary. From his frequent outburst of manacle laughter, to his cold yet frightening moments of silence—where you can feel the evil and danger emitting from his aura.

As I slipped out of the factory—which we had been keeping the islanders in—unnoticed, I quickly ran down to the docs. It was quite far away, but I used my fear of Yagi to propel me to the harbor in record time.

"Hey..." I panted, gasping for air after my run.

"Hey, we came to get rid of that powerful guy you had told me about." He answered.

I looked up at him, confused as he spoke. I didn't tell him about anyone being on the island. I didn't even know what was happening until it was already happening. I opened my mouth to say something, but noticed the expression Yagi wore.

He was looking down at me and subtly winking. I stared into his eyes and immediately understood that he wanted me to play along with his lie. I didn't understand why, but if it was something Yagi was asking of me, I would do it.

"So, what did the guy look like and what were his powers?"

I thought for a moment as he asked his question. There were multiple villains. I had only actually seen one of the four that appeared, and we weren't sure whether there were anymore than the four we had all fought.

The villain I had fought, we actually captured—thanks to Bakugou. When he wraps something in the red bandages he wears on his body, he can control it. I learned that he can't control people; although, he can control any non-living entity—ergo clothing.

Todoroki, and our peers that he had been fighting with, came across a heteromorphic wolf-man. He was apparently incredibly strong, and the only reason they were still alive after their battle with the blue-furred wolf-man, was because he let them go.

The third villain had only made an appearance near the end of Bakugou and Izumi's battle with the final villain. We didn't get a chance to observe her power in action, but we did get the basics of her quirk. She could make her hair into sharp daggers—which she could elongate and fire out at will.