Chapter 51 : So, Do You Like It?

Izuku Yagi's P.O.V

    I felt weightless. I felt cold. I felt non-existent. I had been tossing and turning for hours as I awoke from my restless slumber. Although I had been asleep, I felt exhausted—as if I hadn't slept in days. The bedridden state I had been in was annoying. I had plenty of things to do, yet I felt no motivation to lift even a finger. I felt no motivation to eat. I felt no motivation to do so much as breathe.

    Yesterday, as I fell asleep, I had still been in denial, and not fully conscious towards the events that had claimed the life of my dearest; however, this morning, as I had awoken, I felt almost dead. As I tossed in Tomura's bed, I decided to get up and begin my new plan. I had created a new scheme as I slept—to which I have now dubbed my 'enlightenment' ploy. Or 'the enlightenment' for short.

    I rose from my spot on Tomura's bed and went into his closet, looking for something of his to wear—as a means of coping. I decided to wear one of Tomura's signature black, long-sleeve, V-neck shirts, accompanied by his typical black jeans, and of course, one of his pairs of red sneakers. It was honestly quite touching, him having bought a matching pair of my red sneakers. I softly laughed at the memory we shared from the day he came home with them.

    I had been at the bar—still half-asleep—talking with Kurogiri about his fantastic cooking, when all of a sudden, in comes Tomura bursting through the door, sirens blazing, and these shoes in hand. He closed the door and sighed a breath of relief, before turning towards me. He showed the shoes to me—looking me up and down—and spoke.

"Well, this is awkward." I said aloud—reminiscing of the memory—as I put on the red shoes.

    It was a glowing memory that I thought of regularly, now more than ever. I was beginning to feel my emotions hitting me again, and decided to distract myself with music. Remembering how technologically advanced Tomura's room had been—him being the gamer fanatic he is, or rather, he was—I called out for his google nest.

"Hey google." I began, awaiting for the dark room to illuminate slightly. "Play Vesti La Giubba on Youtube Music."

    The device headed to my request, and played the song I had requested as I clothed myself with Tomura's outfit. The sound of the familiar music began to invade my ears, instantly distracting my mourning mind with it's sound. I had first heard of this song during one of Tomura's visits with All For One that he had brought me along for. At first, I hated it and wanted to carve out my ears in order to never hear it again, but after hearing it on repeat for hours at a time, I grew a sudden appreciation towards the Italian Opera.

    I left the room as the song came to an end, and found myself sitting in front of the T.V in the common area, alongside the other members of the League. Toga had been the first to notice my outfit and decided to speak.

"Y'know, Shiggy's gonna kill you if he catches you wearing his clothes..." She spoke with a faint sigh.

"I don't think I'll have to worry about that anymore..."

    Taking note of my oddly out-of-character tone, she began to open her mouth, freezing in place as she heard a string of words she hadn't expected.

"Earlier yesterday morning, an attack had taken place on Nabu Island—where the U.A students of Class 1-A had been providing additional hero services for the islanders. The villain attack had been the cause of many casualties, including the death of the infamous Shigaraki Tomura—better known as the leader of the notorious 'League Of Villains'—whom had also been responsible for several attacks on U.A high earlier this year."

    As the reporter droned on about the relations between the League and the Villain's apprehended on Nabu Island, the room I had been sitting in was dead silent. There was no idle chatter between individuals, making fun of the reporters. There were no footsteps of people walking and pacing about the room—due to frustrating television drama. There were no creaks of floorboards that sometimes sounded at random. It was completely silent—excluding the T.V, of course.