Don't Forget Where You Belong: Corbyn

Jonah: 33
Daniel: 33
Jack: 32
Corbyn: 32
Zach: 30
_______________________________________
Summary: Corbyn's constant trips out of state help remind him just how much he loves his boys

Corbyn's POV
" I'm sorry none of us are there to see you," Jack spoke from the other side," are you sure it's okay?"

" Yeah, of course," I smiled, dropping my suitcase in our closet," with how often I have to come and go, you would all be out of a job if you took off every single time," I giggled, falling back onto our Alaskan king mattress.

" Alright, if you're sure. My break's almost over, I gotta get back. I can't wait to see you when I get home," I could hear the rustle of his food wrapper.

" The feelings more than mutual. See you soon," relaxing back against our covers," I love you, Jay."

" I know. I love you, too."

All these years later and even still nothing made me happier than hearing him say it.

We hung up and I shut my eyes, sighing, breathing in the lingering scents of my boys.

God, it felt good to be home.

I rolled over, coming face to face with a red sticky note.

I plucked it from the lamp, immediately recognizing Zach's quick, scratchy handwriting.

Welcome back!
Sorry I couldn't be there to see you, but I get off at 6 and I can't wait to kiss you.
Try not to miss me too much, yeah?

There was a little drawing of a kidney bean off to the side and I laughed, brushing my thumb over the paper.

I pushed out of the bed and sat the note on the dresser, shedding my clothes as I made my way to our en suite bathroom.

I stepped into the shower, shutting the glass door behind me. Relaxing against the soft patter of warm rain against my back.

I should do something special for them, I found myself musing, they're always so understanding about these business trips.

You're next one isn't for a while, maybe you should plan something then?

No, you should do it now. Maybe a surprise for not having another trip for the next 4 months?

Ooo, like a dinner date or something?

They won't wanna leave the house, you should just make dinner for them here.

He can't cook.

Something simple then?

I smiled at the idea, nodding along as I reached for my shampoo.

A dinner, huh?

~ Later That Night ~

I shifted the candle over, grinning when it was perfect.

The dining room was dimly lit and filled with the soft scent of vanilla.

There were two bottles of our favorite champagne in the center, ice cold from an hour in the freezer. Five plates surrounding a large pot of spaghetti, a classic for us.

I felt a swell of pride.

It was perfect, only the best for my boys.

" Corbyn!" Zach called from the front door," we're all here. Can we come in now?" There was whine lacing his sweet voice, clearly not happy with my texted request.