Teasing Him

Knock...
Knock...
Knock...

            "Go away"  Abhi said pulling the sheets over his head and the door opened revealing Devayani.

             "Abhi wake up. It's already eight thirty you'll be late for office" Devayani patted his shoulder.

              Abhi opened his eyes realising he is alone on the bed and sat up thinking 'Was I dreaming?' "Get ready breakfast is ready" with that Devayani went down.

              Abhi got up and did his morning routine joining others in the living room after breakfast. Megha was nowhere to be seen and he was reading a file but his eyes are searching for her.

              "Megha went to his dad's house" Kalyani teased noticing Abhi since breakfast.

               "I know she informed me last night" Abhi said not showing his shock at her observation skills.

                "Then why are your eyes searching for her?" Kalyani asked making others hide their laugh but Abhi wore a blank expression and got up saying "That's because I need to know when she is joining her work since I already deducted her salary of this week for her absence" making everyone eyes widen.

                "But she's your wife now and you know she was busy looking after your family" Kalyani argued.

                "She's my employee first" Abhi answered nonchalantly before moving out.

                 "Does he take rent from you guys for staying here?" Kalyani asked making Mohan and Devayani laugh shaking their heads.

                  After sometime Devayani explained the whole story of Abhi and Megha's marriage and Kalyani sat there shocked with her mouth wide open along with her amused eyes. A few seconds later she said "It's a god made match" to which Devayani nodded.