breaking point

As we headed towards  the city we all made sure that we had our stuff to keep going. I still had my guns on me just in case. I didn't really know if Max or Andrew had guns but they had bows. Which were more silent then a gun.

  As we made our way through the maze of cars scattered all around the road, we looked for supplies that maybe some people had left behind. I ended up finding a samurai sword and more arrows. I gave the arrows to Max and Andrew and we kept searching. Andrew and Hannah stayed together behind Max and I my mom was looking worse than before and I was really starting to worry. Soon we got a high way heading straight to my brothers office so we kept our eyes open and scanned the area sound us.

  Buildings around us were burning still and smoke was rising to the sky. When we got closer to the city Everything was quiet like as if the city had been abandoned a long time ago. Cars were on the sides of the roads crashed into buildings and telephone poles. The smell of smoke got stronger as we made our way through the city. I looked behind me just to make sure the rest were staying close. But when I looked back I didn't see my mom I ran back and looked for her. But I couldn't find her I was stressing out so much I told her we could make it through this. As I panicked Max,hannah and Andrew stayed were we stopped I looked frantically all over the place. There was this hill that if we went over it it entered the high way so I ran quickly up the hill to find my mom standing facing the other direction. I walked up her and yelled at for her not keeping up, but she just stood there not saying a word I looked at her and around her. As I looked at her I saw a pool of blood was on the ground right next her I slowly looked up at her. Her face was extremely pale and she looked at me for a couple seconds before she fell to her knees.

  I started to freak out and tried to help her back up but she had already had bites, gashes and cuts everywhere. I laid her down and I started screaming I looked at her and she looked at me slowly fading away

  "Rr..uunnn...."she said stuttering and using all of her strength.

  "I can't leave you here you can make it I promise!"I yelling at her.

  " with the last amout of strength she had in her she yelled at me to run. And with that she took my pistol from my side and before I could do anything she put the gun in her mouth and pulled the trigger. As she fell limp I cried and I heard Hannah, Andrew and Max running to me but as they were going to help comfort me they stayed still and whispered to me

"Chelsi look were sorry but we have to go"

  I looked at them and saw where they were looking and all I saw was a wave of zombies on the high way making their way towards us. I slowly got up and started backing away we all then ran back down the hill and hid in an alley. We all were frantically trying to think of a plan when all of a sudden I saw a ladder leading to the top of a tall building.

  " you guys if we hide out here for now we can escape the zombies" I said as quickly and quietly as possible.

  But before anyone could say anything we could here the zombies were extremely close so we all rushed up the ladder. I went up last so that they could all get to safety before me as soon as I was able to start heading up the zombies were already coming into the alley. So I climbed as quickly as I could the others were already more then half way up. As I was heading up I could tell the ladder wasn't going to hold for long so I started going faster . I was close to the top while the others were already on top. But when I reached for one of the bars it gave out and the bar fell all the way down to the bottom. Holding with one hand I heard the other the others yelling I looked up at them and I could feel the last bar I was hanging on to start to break. I didn't have much time and I had nothing else to hold on to so with the time I had I yelled up to Max and Andrew,

  "keep Hannah safe for as long as u can!" with that, the bar broke and I fell down to the bottom.