Hope

As I stood there thinking Hannah came up to me.

  "So what's your plan?" Hannah asked eagerly.

  "Stay hidden, keep quiet and be ready to fight" I said with leadership.

  Thinking of this morning made me feel sick. I still had blood all over me and a thought kept coming back into my mind."Your brother is dead... he's dead." I didn't want to believe it, my brother had left to go to work hours before I woke up. He is 17 and already has his own house being built for him. Being in National guard training for 7 months I had hope that he wasn't dead and we would meet up with him.

  After a while Hannah my mom and I went back into the house. I then told Hannah that we need to board up the windows. I went outside and grabbed some wood when all of a sudden I heard moans coming from behind me. I turned around to find a zombie 10 feet away from me. It didn't look like it had saw me yet so I tried to make my way back to the house. Backing up slowly I suddenly stepped on a branch which made a loud sound. At that point i knew I had to so I started to run.

  I could hear footsteps coming after me I tried to look back but when I did I tripped on a log. Scattering to get up I saw the zombie getting closer. I finally got up and picked up the log and smacked the zombie in the face. I didnt realize that the end of the log was a nail so the zombies face just stuck to it. Even though it was dead I was still breathing hard. I finally started to walk to my house when I a felt a huge burst of pain in my arm. Looking down I saw that my arm had been stabbed by the nail.

Bleeding out quickly I ran to the house and got inside. Hannah came running to me asking what happened?! I just staggered to my kitchen and got a cloth and medician. Trying to keep the bleeding from getting to bad my mom came to me with a candle and knife. I was frightened by the sight of that but I knew its what we had to do so she put the knife in the fire. After a little bit she took the knife out and told me it was going to be ok. I closed my eyes and Hannah covered my mouth... That's when she put the blistering knife to my arm.