12 - Quidditch World Cup

Serena's POV:

"Wake up!" Cedric yells. I groan. "Ced, you know I'm not a morning person. Five more minutes." I grumble. I open my eyes and stare at the ceiling. Then a pillow hits me. "OH, YOU ARE SO ON!" I shout, getting up. Cedric chuckles and runs out of the room. I walk into the bathroom and I brush my teeth. I grab an outfit out of my trunk and I put it on. "Ok, I'm ready!" I yell as I put on my sneakers.

"What are we doing in the forest?" I ask. "You'll see." Cedric answers. "Wait, close your eyes," he says. I close my eyes. "You know I trust you right? So don't lose that trust." I say while laughing. Then two pairs of arms hoist me up and when I open my eyes, I am on the shoulder of a redhead. "GEORGE!" I yell. "PUT ME DOWN!" George laughs and Fred helps me off. "It's so good to see you two again!" I say, hugging them each. "Ginny, let us introduce you to our favorite little sister, Serena McGonagall!" A red-haired girl pouts. "I'm Ginny Weasley," she says. "Serena McGonagall," I say.

Arthur introduces Hermione and Harry to Amos. Amos talks about how Cedric beat Harry. The twins start frowning and Cedric turns red. "Harry fell off his broom, Dad. I told you... it was an accident..." Cedric mutters. "But you didn't fall off..." Amos starts talking about how Cedric was always so modest and such a gentleman. "Must be nearly time," Mr. Weasley said. Amos holds out an old boot and Mr. Weasleytells everyone to put a finger on it. We do so with great difficulty because, well, it's hard for over ten people to crowd around a boot and put a finger on it. After a minute, I was jerked forward. "Everyone let go!" Amos yells. I let go and I start falling to the ground. I brace myself when someone grabs my waist and I land safely. "Thanks, Ced," I say.

We arrive and a man named Basil told Cedric, Amos, and I to go to the second field. I help Amos with the money and then we set up the tent. It seemed pretty small from the outside, but when we walked in I see three beds, a bathroom, and a kitchen. "My dad put some charm on it," Cedric says, noticing how confused I was. "Wanna head out and buy some stuff?" he asks. "Sure," I answer. I grab my purse and we leave the tent.

Cedric is looking at a poster with some grumpy looking seeker on it. "He's the best seeker there is. He's incredibly young too." He explains. "I bet you're better," I say. Cedric blushes and continues to look at the posters. "Hey, McGonagall." someone behind me says. I turn around and I say, "Oh, hi, Draco. Long time no see." "Yeah. I didn't know you were into quidditch. If you want, you can join my family and me in the top box. It's the best seats." he offers. "Oh, um, I'm actually here with the Diggory's, so, thanks but no thanks," I say. Draco turns and leaves.

We head to our seats and Cedric sits next to me. "Who are you cheering for?" he asks. "The Irish, I guess," I say. "Me too," he says. The match ended with Ireland winning 160-150. Krum had caught the snitch, but they didn't win. We head back to the tent and Amos is giving a recap about the match. "Dad, we were there, we saw," Cedric says. I laugh and Amos stops talking.

I wake up to yelling outside. It must've also woke Cedric up because he was sitting up in his bed. I look at Cedric and Cedric heads over to the door and opens the tent flap. "We have to get out of here. Now," he shouts. I give him a worried glance as he wakes up Amos. The three of us run out and I let out a gasp. There were fires everywhere and muggles were floating in the air. I see a group of men with hoods and masks. I turn around and Cedric and Amos were gone. Someone grabs my hand and I was pulled into a tent.

"Hey, are you ok?" he asks. I let out a cry. "Hey, it's gonna be ok. Everything's going to be fine. You're alright. You're safe now." Draco says as he tries to comfort me. He cradles me in his arms. "What's going on out there?" I manage to ask. "I'm not sure. All I know is that it's not safe out there." He says softly. He holds me tightly. I'm so close to him that I smell his mint toothpaste. After a while, Draco looks out of the tent. "I think you should be good now. Want to go find your friends?" he asks. I nod. He leads me out of the tent and we go look for Cedric.

We find Cedric with Harry, Ron, Hermione, and some other Ministry officials. Cedric hugs me the second he sees me. "Thank Merlin you're okay! Thanks, Malfoy." Cedric says as he brings me back to our tent. I ask him about what happened and he explains to me how Deatheaters are back and someone conjured the Dark Mark in the sky. "Oh god Ced, I was so scared. One second you guys were right next to me and the next you guys aren't! Draco pulled me out of the mess and we just hid in his tent for a while." I say, still shaking in fear. "As soon as I realized you weren't with us, I went back to look for you. I thought that maybe you were with the Weasley twins so I went looking for them. But before I could even find them, the Dark Mark was in the sky and my father brought me with him to see who conjured it." he says. "I'm just glad you're ok," Cedric adds. I give him a smile and we go to sleep.