23 - Umbridge & Professor McGonagall

Serena's POV:

It's three 'o clock and I'm waiting outside Umbridge's office. "Come in," she says. Just the sound of her voice gave me a headache. I enter her office and she says, "Sit." I sit down. "Now, you know why you're here." she starts. "Actually, no. I don't," I interrupt. "You were insulting me," she says. "I wouldn't say insult. It was more of, expressing my opinion to someone else. I didn't know that I wasn't allowed to share my opinion anymore." I say coldly. She takes a deep breath. "Today, you will be writing lines. You will write, I must not be rude. Here's a quill." She says, handing me a quill. I take it and ask, "How many times?" "As long as it takes for the message to sink in." "There's no ink." "You won't be needing ink. Just write."

I roll my eyes and start writing the words. Then there was a pain in my left hand where words were starting to appear. It said: I must not because I had not finished the sentence yet. I look at the paper and I realize that the ink was red. The quill was using my blood. I stood up. "Did you finish?" she asks. "No, and I won't be because this is ridiculous," I answer, grabbing my stuff. "Sit back down," she demands. "Like hell, I will." I spat. I snap her quill in half and I throw it on the floor. I leave her office and I head for my aunts.

My aunt opens her door and looks at me surprised. "What happened?" she asks. "That toad happened. She gave me detention and made me write lines." I say furiously. "And?" "She gave me this quill that used my blood as ink and it cut the words in my hand," I say, showing her my hand. She gasps and examines my hand. "Has any other student had detention with her?" she asks after a while. "Yeah, Harry did. Yesterday night." I say. "Can you please go fetch him for me?" she asks. I nod and head to find Harry.

Harry was in the Gryffindor common room. "Hey, how'd it go?" he asked. "I, er, snapped her quill in half and stormed out on her." I say. "Wicked." he says. "Come with me. Professor McGonagall wants to see you." I say. Harry gets up and follows me.

We enter my aunts office. "Mr. Potter, show me your hands." she says. Harry shows her his hands. "Oh my. We do have a problem here." she says, looking at the scar on his hands. "Potter, I cannot tell you not to go to the detention because I have no power over that. But you have to deal with it until I come up with a solution." She turns to me. "However since I am legally your guardian and family, I can make sure that you don't go to those detentions." She hands Harry the biscuit tin and Harry takes a biscuit. "I will speak to Dumbledore about this. You two may go now." she says.

I walk onto the Quidditch pitch with the rest of the Gryffindor team. Angelina turns to us and says, "Ok, so we're going to do some practicing for the game. So-" "Hey Johnson, what's with the hairstyle?" someone yells from the stands. Pansy. I thought. We ignore them and continue practicing. When Ron drops the quaffle, the whole Slytherin team burst out laughing. I send a glare to Draco.

We continue the drills and everything is fine until Ron throws the quaffle and it hits Katie square in the face. Fred and George rushes over and hands Katie something. Katie eats it and we get back into our positions. Angelina starts yelling at Ron and then Katie starts yelling that her nosebleed is only getting worse. Katie was now chalk white and covered in blood. "We'll bring her to the Hospital Wing!" Fred and George yell. "Well, there's no point in practicing without a Chaser and two Beaters. Let's get changed." Angelina says. In the stands, the Slytherins were cheering and chanting.

I wait for Draco to make his way down from the stands. "You're supportive." I say sarcastically when he arrives. He shrugs and grins. "You were good." he adds. "Thanks." I say.

Umbridge was appointed the position of "high inquisitor", whatever that means. She's been given the permission to examine the other teacher's during their classes.

Snape hands out our homework which he has graded. "What'd you get?" Draco asks. "An E. What about you?" I ask. "O." he says proudly. Then Snape starts explaining how some people did terrible while looking at Harry. "Some people got D's? Ha!" Malfoy whispers loudly. I shoot him a glare. I make the Strengthning solution almost perfectly and I get another A.

The first class that I was in while Umbridge observed was Transfiguration. I smirk as Ron says, "Let's see Umbridge gets what she deserves." My aunt calls me up to hand out the mice, which I do. "Hem, hem," Umbridge coughs, trying to get my aunts attention. My aunt ignores her and I smirk. Pofessor McGonagall continues to give us directions. Umbridge gives her little cough again. "Yes?" My aunt asks, clearly annoyed. Umbridge says, "I was wondering if you got my note on the inspec-" My aunt interrupts her, "Obviously I received it, or I would be asking you to leave my classroom." Next to me, Ron holds back a laugh. My aunt continues on with the lesson.

"Hem, hem," Umbridge coughs again. My aunt turns to Umbridge furiously and says, "I wonder how you are supposed to gain idea of how I usually teach if you keep on interrupting me? You see, I do not generally permit people to talk while I'm talking." Ron starts turning red at his attempts not to laugh. Umbridge furiously scribbles something on her paper. As Professor McGonagall continues on with her lessons, Umbridge sits in the corner of the classroom.

After Professor McGonagall dismisses us, Umbridge walks up to my aunt. I shoot my aunt a worried glance and I rush out of the classroom.