45 - A Bloody Punishment

Serena's POV:

        I walk nervously to the Carrows office. "Come in," Amycus says with an evil grin. I walk into the office. "Is that a pureblood?" Alecto asks. "Yes. Don't want to lose too much of that. But she was the one who painted the words on the wall," Amycus says. "Come over here. Stand at this wall," Amycus instructs. I stand at the wall he was pointing to.

       "You're about to experience what happens to people like you," he says. He takes his wand and slashes the air I felt a pain explode below my ribs. I cry out in pain. I look down to see blood pouring out of my side. I've never been a big fan of blood. I was always disgusted whenever I saw blood. I turn my head away from my side to avoid throwing up. I hold back the urge to swear at Amycus. "What a waste of blood," Alecto says. "You may leave now. You are not allowed to go to the Hospital Wing," Amycus says.

        I clutch my side and I leave the office. The Gryffindor common room was seven floors away. I was not going to be able to make it. My best shot was the Slytherin common room.

        "Password?" the portrait asks. "I don't know," I gasp. "No password, no entrance," the portrait responds. The more time I wasted here, the more blood I was losing. "Pureblood. Muggle-born. Mudblood," I say furiously. I was desperate now. "Mudblood is correct," the portrait says as it swings open. I stumble into the common room where most of the Slytherins were. I look around for a certain blonde head. Draco wasn't here. Pansy starts laughing and  Blaise sees me immediately. "Bloody hell. What happened to you?" he exclaims. "Get. Draco-"  I manage to say. Blaise runs into the dorms and comes out with Draco a minute later.

         "Get the hell out of the way," Draco shouts at another Slytherin. "Lay her on the sofa," Draco says to Blaise. Blaise lifts me up and puts me on the sofa. Draco takes out his wand and starts muttering a spell. After a few minutes, I only see the stain of blood on my clothes. My wound was closed.

           Draco hugs me. "Who the hell did that to you?" Draco demands. "Amycus. It was punishment for painting on the wall," I mutter. "That was you? You said no snogging because you were afraid to get caught, yet you went and did this?" Draco says. "That's probably going to leave a scar," Blaise points out. "Don't look at her stomach," Draco snaps covering my skin with my clothes. "Fine. Next time I'll just leave her on the floor to die," Blaise says sourly. "That's my girlfriend you're talking about," Draco says angrily. Blaise rolls his eyes. "Let's go to my dorm," Draco suggests. He helps me to his dorm and Blaise follows us.

         "What the hell are you doing?" Draco asks. "This is my dorm too," Blaise says. "Can you like leave us alone," Draco snaps. Blaise shrugs and leaves the room.

         "You can't stay here," Draco says suddenly. "What?" I ask. "For Christmas. Come to Malfoy Manor and we'll hide you in my room or something," Draco says. "But your father hates me. Your aunt wants me dead. And doesn't You-Know-Who come a lot?" I ask. "Yes but- it's better than here. I'm going back to Malfoy Manor for Christmas and I'm not leaving you here with the Carrows," Draco reasons. I purse my lips. "You're coming," Draco says.

          He looks at my bloodstained shirt again. "They'll pay for it. I'll make sure they do," he says. "Draco, don't make a big deal out of it," I say quietly. "It was a big deal the moment you walked into their office. I'm just finishing them off," Draco says. "You should go to the Hospital Wing," Draco suggests. "I can't. Amycus said I wasn't allowed to. That's why I came here. It was the closest common room," I say. "Speaking of, how did you get in here?" Draco asks. "I guessed the password," I mutter. "You guessed it? How?" Draco asks. "It wasn't too hard. I just said some of the words most Slytherins say. Like pureblood and mudblood," I say. He laughs. "What? I was frustrated and it came out of me," I say. "Well, I'm glad you got it because otherwise, who knows what would've happened to you," Draco says.

          Draco hugs me tightly and I fall asleep in his arms. And for the first time in a while, I felt safe.

          The next morning, I sneak into Gryffindor Tower so I can get changed. When I walk through the portrait hole, I see Neville and Ginny in the common room. As soon as they see me, Ginny says, "What the hell happened to you?" Neville looks at my bloody clothes and starts to say, "They didn't-" "Yeah. They did," I interrupt. I lift up the bottom of my shirt and their eyes widen in shock as they see the scar on the side of my stomach. "But what happened to you after?" Ginny asks. "I was losing a lot of blood and the common room was seven floors away so I went to the Slytherin common room. I guessed the password and Draco healed me," I say. "Why didn't you just go to the Hospital Wing?" Neville asks. "Amycus forbid me from going to the Hospital Wing," I say. "It doesn't matter. I was healed and I'm fine now. Just be careful, Neville," I say.

         When I walked into Dark Arts, Amycus was taken back. "I told you not to go to the Hospital Wing. I think another night of detention will do you good," he says. "I didn't go to the Hospital Wing. You can go ask Madam Pomfrey and use a truth potion or something," I suggest.

        I sit down next to Blaise. "How's your stomach?" Blaise asks. "It's alright," I answer. "You know it's annoying when Draco is like that," Blaise says. "Like what?" I ask. "When he acts all protective of you. Everyone avoids him when he's like that. Especially after what happened to Pansy last year," Blaise says. "What happened to Pansy?" I ask. "She called you a filthy blood traitor and Draco nearly killed her," Blaise says. "I didn't know that. But if everyone avoids him when he's like that, then why were you following him to his dorm yesterday? Did you want to get killed?" I joke. Blaise rolls his eyes. "Just making sure you didn't do anything like you said in that letter last year," he says. I remember the lie I made to deliver Harry's letter to Sirius. "Right," I say.