51 - Goodbye Again

Draco's POV:

"... I guess we'll have to dispose of you too then," Voldemort says. "No!" I yell along with Longbottom and Professor McGonagall. My father sends me a glare, telling me to shut up. Then Longbottom reaches into the Sorting Hat and pulls out a giant sword. And then, Harry jumps out of Hagrid's arms. Without a wand, he couldn't stand a chance against Voldemort. Without thinking, I yell, "Potter!" and I throw him my wand. He grabs it and runs into the castle. In fury, Voldemort chases after him. Chaos erupted and the fighting began again.

I run to Serena and I grab her. "I'm sorry I couldn't do anything," I apologize quickly. "It's alright. I'm okay," she says quietly. "Let's do what you said," I suggest. "What?" she asks confused. "Let's go kill some Deatheaters," I say with a smirk. She grins and we rejoin the battle.

In the distance, I see my aunt Bellatrix explode. Outside people were screaming and I look in that direction. There, Potter and Voldemort are standing face to face. Serena grabs my hand and heads outside. I follow her to see what they were talking about.

Potter is speaking. "You still don't get it, Riddle, do you? Possessing the wand isn't enough! Holding it, using it, doesn't make it really yours. Didn't you listen to Ollivander? The wand chooses the wizard ... the Elder Wand recognized a new master before Dumbledore died, someone who never even laid a hand on it. The new master removed the wand from Dumbledore against his will, never realizing exactly what he had done, or that the world's most dangerous wand had given him its allegiance ..." He pauses. "... The true master of the Elder wand is Draco Malfoy." What? Me? "Even if you are right, Potter, it makes no difference to you and me. You no longer have the phoenix wand: we duel on skill alone ... and after I have killed you, I can attend to Draco Malfoy," Voldemort says. Potter speaks again, "But you're too late. I overpowered Draco weeks ago. I took his wand from him. I am the true master of the Elder wand."

Suddenly, both Potter and Voldemort raise their wands. Voldemort yells"AVADA KEDAVRA!" and Potter yells "EXPELLIARMUS!" The two spells met. Red and green. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Longbottom swing the sword of Gryffindor. Voldemort gives a horrible scream and Potter's spell hits him. Voldemort falls backward and I knew that the battle was truly over. I turn to Serena and I crash my lips onto hers. She kisses me back intently. "We did it. We made it through this," I whisper. She gives me her beautiful smile and I feel the urge to kiss her again. "It's over. It's finally over," she says quietly.

Serena's POV:

Draco and I are kissing when Harry finds me. "Er, can I borrow Serena for a sec?" he asks awkwardly. I walk with Harry to a quiet place. "Go into the Forbidden Forest and find someplace quiet with no people. There's going to be someone there you want to see," Harry says, sticking something in my hand. "Harry... is this the Ressurection-" I start to say. He cuts me off with a quick nod and he says, "Take George with you." I go find George and the two of us head into the forest.

We find a quiet clearing with a little light. I place the stone on the forest ground. George closes his eyes and so do I. When I open them again, Fred, Dumbledore, and Cedric were standing there. George is crying silently at the sight of Fred. "It's okay, Georgie. It's actually very peaceful here. Besides, now you're finally the handsome one," Fred says. "You really shouldn't have done that for me," I say. "It was my choice, Serena. Promise me you'll take care of George when I'm gone?" Fred asks. "I promise," I say. "Speaking of promises..." Fred says. Cedric steps forward. "I am really sorry I couldn't keep my promise," he apologizes. "It's ok. A-are you happy there?" I ask. "Yeah. I am. I heard your Patronus is a badger?" Cedric asks. I nod. "Mr. Diggory over here has been watching over you and Amos Diggory every day," Dumbledore says. "I find it that the gift I gave you in my will was helpful?" Dumbledore asks. "Very. Saved Dobby's life," I say. "I liked that elf particularly," Dumbledore says with a small smile.

I look at George. "You can bring Fred back, you know?" I say. "Harry gave that stone to you. Use it to bring your best friend back," George says. "Did you ever hear what happened to the second brother in the story?" Dumbledore asks. We shake our heads. "The person who the second brother brought back was very unhappy. You see, once you've experienced death, you realize that it is easier than life," Dumbledore says. "So none of you want to come back?" I ask. They all shake their heads. "I think that it is time for us to get going," Cedric says. "I personally think that the stone should be destroyed forever," Dumbledore says. "But Cedric is right. We should get going. Say hello to Minerva for me," Dumbledore says. He leaves first. "Bye Serena. Bye Georgie. Let everyone know that I will be watching over them so make sure they don't accidentally throw a vase at me or something," Fred jokes. I give a small laugh and George smiles. "Bye Freddie," George says as Fred leaves. "Ced?" I ask. Cedric turns to me. "I forgive you. I love you. And I'm going to miss you," I say. He grins. "We'll meet again one day," he says and he turns to leave.

I pick up the stone from the ground. "What should we do with it?" I ask. "Dumbledore wants it destroyed," George says. "You're right. But how do we destroy it?" I ask. "Well, if we can't destroy it, we'll just make sure that no one else finds it," George says, taking the stone from me. He sticks it deep into a nearby bush. "There," he says. Then he gives me a small smile and says, "I was always the handsome one."