ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1 | ʙᴜʟʟɪᴇᴅ

Jeno pov :

"Lee Jeno! where the hell have you been? it's two in the morning!" mom yelled as i was tiptoeing in the kitchen, trying to sneak into my room

"fuck" i cursed under my breath

Soon, my mother appeared from the living room with a slipper.

"mom please i was just- AH" i yelled as she slapped me with the slipper

I stumbled backwards and fell onto my butt. I groaned and started to fake cry. My mom just sighed as she looked at me in disbelief.

"stop being so dramatic" she mumbled and cleared her throat "okay, now explain. where were you and who were you with?"

I got up and put my hand on my mom's shoulder.

"i'm sorry, mom. i promise this won't happen again"

"yeah that's what you've been saying for a few months now. Jeno, i just need to know what's up with you. you're my son!" mom said and looked at me with a worried expression

"i know but i'm sixteen years old already! i'm not a baby anymore" i insisted

"i'm worried about you"

"don't be, mom. i'm okay, really. just go to sleep, i'll eat and sleep then, okay?" i whispered and rubbed her arm softly

Mom looked like she was about to say something but she just closed her mouth and nodded. I hugged her tightly before she went back to her bedroom.

I sighed and went to the kitchen. I was too tired so i just took a bowl of cereal and went to my own room. I sat down on my bed and took out my phone, seeing that mom had tried to message and call me many times around midnight.

I knew she was worried but there was no reason to be. Maybe i was doing dangerous stuff but at least my friends were not dumb.

Also, doing some illegal things wasn't that bad, right?

Jaemin pov :

I quickly put my hands behind my head to protect it as always. My back hit the locker and i fell to the floor.

"fucking faggot" the guy who pushed me said and walked away with his friend

I sighed and leaned my head onto the locker.

'Why the fuck do i always get beaten up and bullied when i'm just trying to study?'

Suddenly i heard people coming towards the hallway so i quickly stood up but then i felt dizzy so i fell back down on the floor. I just gave up and covered my face with my hands, trying not to cry.

I heard as the people came closer to me but they just kept talking with each other and pretended not to notice me. But then, i felt someone's hand on my shoulder.

"hey, are you okay?" he asked and i carefully removed my hands to look at him

I widened my eyes when i realized who he was.

"i-i'm okay. you can go, Jeno" i said and tried to get up

He helped me stand up but grabbed my arm before i could escape.

"really? also, how do you know who i am?" Jeno asked and tried to make eye contact with me. I avoided it.

"you- you were in my class a year ago" i mumbled

"oh, what's your name?"

"can you just let me go?" i said and looked up at him

Jeno looked shocked and quickly let go of my arm.

"sorry"

I just looked at him and shook my head before rushing to a bathroom to calm myself down.

Jeno was in my class before and he bullied me a lot. I was openly bisexual and a lot of people made fun of me because of that. Also, was a bit overweight so he made fun of my body and i got an eating disorder. After Jeno realized what happened, he stopped bullying me because he felt bad but even know, i really don't want to see him.

He worsened my life and i just want to forget about him.

Jeno was now pretty popular in our school and he protected people who were bullied. I know it sounds crazy, but he changed. Still, i'm too scared to talk to him or accept his apology.

After a few minutes, i got out of the bathroom and went to my class. I was already late but fortunately the teacher didn't care.

The class went by really fast and after that was the lunch break. I called my friend, Renjun.

"Jaemin, what's up?"

"hi Renjun, do you have your lunch break now?" i asked and heard he was with other people, they were murmuring in the background

"oh, sorry. i already ate a while ago" Renjun said and my face dropped

"but we were supposed to-"

"sorry Jaemin, i gotta go now. bye!" he cut me off and ended the call before i could say anything

"fuck you, Renjun" i mumbled and went to the cafeteria alone

Renjun was my best friend but he was usually hanging out with some weird guys at school. We only hung around in free time which was kind of sad but i was used to it.

I took some food on my tray and went to sat on a little table. I started to eat but stopped when i noticed Jeno walking towards my table.

"can i sit here?" he asked quietly

I ignored him and he sat down. I scooted farther away from him and both of us stayed silent. Jeno did this a lot, he was trying to apologize.

"Jaemin, is someone bullying you?" Jeno asked suddenly

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned to him. He looked worried.

"why do you care?"

"i-i feel bad. and i'm sorry i didn't-" Jeno started but i cut him off

"i know you're sorry. but you have nothing to do with my life anymore. please just go back to your cool friends"

"but i want to help you, please" he said and i sighed deeply

"i don't need your help. i'll go now, bye" i said and stood up and left before Jeno could say anything

Jeno pov :

I watched as Jaemin rushed out of the cafeteria. I was about to get up and go after him but then Haechan came to me.

"Jeno! why didn't you come sit with us?" Haechan asked and sat next to me

"i just uh- i just wanted to sit alone" i mumbled while still looking to the direction Jaemin went

"are you done eating?"

I nodded and gulped.

"let's go, Jisung is waiting for us outside" Haechan said and patted my shoulder