WEOB 20

"You should be happy, Dee-ay. This is your special day and we are here, celebrating it with you. 'Buti nga pinayagan kami ni daddy na mag-overnight dito. You know daddy, he'll always say no, baka daw may masamang mangyari sa amin ni Rell. Alas dose na, o, so let's be joyous, higante!"

Dee-ay shook her head after hearing what Bree said. Her eyes watered then tears immediately streamed down to her cheeks. I know what she's going to say. I can feel it in her actions.

Nag-iwas ako ng tingin. I brought my gaze on the ceiling to keep my emotions at bay. I even saw Kin in my peripheral vision, she looks unattentive, her head's bowed down. Or maybe she just don't want to be emotional.

Dee-ay cleared her throat. Napatingin akong muli sa kanya. She looks so vulnerable in her state. "Should I be happy, huh, Bree? Why should I be happy in my special day when all along, I know that tomorrow is a bad one? Na bukas ay aalis ang dalawa sa atin, sina Rell at Seb." She heaved a sigh and paused for a little while. "Maiiwan tayo dito. You know that it will happen but why are you like that? Why do you want to celebrate? Kung gusto mo, ikaw na lang..."

She's calm but her words are like daggers that pierces through Bree's heart. Bree's emotions are evident on her face, kitang-kita kong naiiyak na siya pero hindi iyon nangyari.

"This is an important day, Dee-ay. Hindi ito dapat palampasin. Kahit naman may okasyon o wala, dapat pa ring i-celebrate." Bree bit her lower lip. "You know YOLO right? We should live with that mantra because life is too short to be wasted. Celebrating is one of the ways to add up memories, Dee-ay... Please, let's just all cooperate." She clasped her hands.

Dee-ay sniff and wipe her tears. Mas lalo akong nalungkot sa mga nakikita ko ngayon. Si Kin, hindi na kumikibo kahit na alam naman naming nakikinig siya.  I, too, wanted to cry but I had enough. Iniyak ko na ang lahat noong malaman kong aalis sila. Hindi ko naman masisisi kung mag-away kami dahil kahit pa man hindi pa umaalis sina Rell at Seb, masakit na talaga sa puso.

I understand everything. It's hard to accept that someone will leave you behind but that's not the point here. People come and go in our lives. Some will be a blessing and other's will be a lesson or it can be both. Ang iba babalikan ka, ang iba naman ay hindi na.

If they leave you with bad or good memories, treasure it will all your heart because that's what shapes every person — their experiences in life.

Those ones who became an exes baggage, at some point, are still hoping that that person who left them behind are going to come back. Iyon ang lahat ng nararamdaman ng mga iniwan. Kasama na rin ako sa mga taong iyon. I'm still hoping that he'll come back...

I swallowed the lump in my throat and focused my attention with the happenings. Suddenly, Dee-ay walked out. Napatingin ako kina Bree at Kin bilang pagpapaalam at sabay naman silang tumango. I followed Dee-ay's paths to the garden.

Mabilis ko siyang nahagilap. She hugged herself to stay warm as the cold breeze of air brushes our skin. I'm wearing a sweater while she's wearing a camisole kaya mas nilalamig siya.

I saw Dee-ay wiping her tears with the back of her hands. Nasa likod niya lamang ako. I don't know if she feels my presence, maybe she didn't, hindi niya kasi ako nilingon.

Tahimik lang siyang umiiyak at nagpupunas ng luha habang tumitingala sa madilim na langit. I cleared my throat. She averted her gaze on me and smiled. "Nandiyan ka pala, LG!"

Even if she tried to conceal the sadness in her voice, I can still feel that she's not okay. Nanginginig ang mga labi niya dahil sa pag-iyak. Our eyes met and then, I just found my arms encircling it in Dee-ay's body. I tapped her back lightly. Ramdam ko ang init ng luha niya na tumutulo sa aking suot na damit.