Chapter 25

Chesha POV

It's only been a couple days since the train incident. My body still hurt from the first electro shock I recived. Not to mention the other ones I received to keep me in line. Now I really felt like a dog.

The collar around my neck had several remotes. The twins had one, Adam had one, and a few others who watched over me. Suprisingly, Adam was the one to use it the least.

I was sitting on the bed trying to find something to entertain myself. "I wonder how May is doing." The whisper leaves my lips as I hear someone open the door.

I could tell who it was by the way they walked. Adam closed the door and sat down in one of the chairs with a sigh. My new situation, being stuck with Adam almost twenty-four seven. So we sleep in the same room now, I sleep on the floor cause there is no way in hell I would sleep in the same bed as him.

"No hi?" He asked taking his mask off and setting it down on the night stand.

"Will you remove the collar?"

"No."

"There's your answer." I said rolling over onto my side. Another sigh came from Adam, he was pacing the room now. It didn't take a genius to guess that I iritated him more.

Soon his pacing started to bug me. "Alright fine we can talk but we talk about what I want." I sit up and look at him. The scar along his face reminds me of the first time I saw it.

Adam had gone on a mission one day, and didn't come back until months later. When he did, I saw that the wound was fresh. Blake and I were hovering over him and helping him heal.

Oh to go back to a peaceful time like that. "Depends on what you want to talk about Ches." He said sitting in his seat again.

I cross my arms and lean against the wall. "What's May up to?" The questuon leaves my lips as I rest my head against the wall.

A slight hum comes from Adam before he gives his response. "I have no idea."

"I'm not stupid. I know you're keeping tabs on Blake. My sister is smart too, I know that is where she would go." I glare at him as he thinks about what I just said.

His eyes narrow the slightest amount. "Watch your tone." I huff a bit before he contiunes on. "The last time they saw her she was getting on a boat out of Menagerie."

My eyes widen in suprise as I realize she is probably going to start looking for me. Suddenly my face saddens as I think about my team. I have no idea what any of them are doing right now. My thoughts shift to Hunter, his laugh rings in my head. The thought makes me smile.

"Care to share what is making you smile like that?" He asked, rousing me from my thoughts. My face turns sour again as I begin to play with my hair.

My eyes look to my hair before looking at Adam. "I'd rather not say." I could tell, in that moment, he was pissed now. With slow movements, he pull the controller for the collar out. It was a silent threat. "F-fine!" I sit up straight and lean forward a bit. "You're not going to like it though."

With a deep breath I start to explain my thoughts. "I was thinking about my team. What they are doing right now, and how they are feeling. I was thinking about Hunter and how his jokes and laugh could brighten any room. Just a few short words and he could-"

"Okay that's enough." If he wasn't angry before, he was now. "Don't ever mention him again, understood." I slowly nod my head in understanding as he began to relax in the chair again.

My tears slid down my cheeks, staining them as they went. I grabbed a pillow and started to hug it to hide my tears. Soon a call came from Adam's scroll.