Chapter 8

The day started out normal. It didn't stay that way for long though. I woke up with a yawn and arched my back. My team mates were still asleep and I needed fresh air. For some reason I started to feel trapped and suffocated. So I quickly got dressed and headed outside. The small area of trees in the court yard was my getaway. I walked through it and decided to stand by one of the trees. A shiver ran through my body as I thought about it. His voice ran through my head and I just wanted it to go away.

"Ughh just go away!" I said out loud. I knew it wouldn't do anything but it made me feel a little better. The thoughts running around my mind wouldn't stop. Sure they slowed down but not for long. Soon footsteps started to come closer. I froze and staid where I was. "Who's there?" I ask grabbing my fans just in case. The male came out from the trees. It was the last person I wanted to see.

His red hair stood out as the sun shone down on it. "Adam." He said not sounding too happy. His mask staid on his face as he looked forward. Adam didn't look at me. It was unnerving. I felt like a child being disciplined by a parent when clearly I am not a child. "What else have you found out since last time? I know it's been a few weeks." He asked. Then he added more to it. "About how faunus are treated at this school."

I relaxed a bit as I continued to lean against the tree. "Well there's just one main bully. Cardin." My voice spoke quietly as he listened. A simple nod of his head urged me to go on. "He mainly does it to Velvet and . . ." I pause not sure if I should add the next part. For the first time since he came he turned his head to look at me. "and myself." I finished. His lips formed a fine line. Adam's grip tightened on the tilt of his sword. I could tell that he wanted to get rid of him now that I mentioned that. "But one of my friends told me he got punished for it already. Also the principal asked for my side of the story. Instead of just assuming that Cardin was right." I explain

"Tch yeah right. I'm sure." Adam said and faced the other way again. "Ches you know as well as I do Ozpin is putting on a performance." I thought about it for a moment. 'But he seemed genuine.' I said inside of my head. "Honestly he's just as bad as all of the other humans. You know they have to pay. So do I." He loosened his grip on his sword and eventually let go crossing his arms. Then he looked over at me. "Right?" I had to think for a moment. 'Adam would never lie to me. Why would he do it now? I think Adam is right. Ozpin is just putting on an act.' I looked over at Adam and nodded my head. "Good. Now next time we talk it will probably be over the phone. I have some things that I need to prepare for." He pushed off from the tree and started to walk away. Before he left he turned his head towards me. "Also. You should rethink your decision with that chameleon." He hissed a little.

Before I could whip my head around all the way he had disappeared. My eyes had widened. 'How did he know?' I look around as I am in shock. 'At least it wasn't as bad as last time.' I thought as I decide to make my way back to our room.

Once I make it back I see that everybody was up. Hunter came over with a small amount of worry on his face. "You ok Darlin'?" He asked looking me in the eye. I just smile and nod my head. I would have to tell May about what happened later. "Ok." He said and leaned down to kiss the top of my head. "Oh y'all want to go into town? I heard that they are getting ready for the Vital Festival." He said. May and Onyx both smiled.

"That sounds like a great idea. We can do all sorts of stuff while we are there." Onyx suggested as he got up. May just nodded her head in agreement. "So its settled then?" He asked and we all gave him some kind of 'yeah' response. After a few more minutes we leave the dorm and head off campus. As we walk I begin to think the times I use to spend with Adam and the others that wasn't stressful.

Clank. Clank. Clang.

The sound of a sword was heard as we all trained in fighting. May was going against Blake. I was going against Adam. He wanted to work on blocking shots from long ranged weapons. I agreed because I needed to work on my aim. I had a smile on my face as we challenged each other. "Bet you can't block this one!" I take two arrows and notch them in at the same time. I pull back and take aim. Once they leave my fingertips I pull out two more quickly and shoot them at him.