Chapter 15

Chesha POV

My feet hammered down the halls, honestly, I had no idea where I was. Adam had me moved to a different location once he learned how easily I could slip through the guards' paws. After all I was one of the best. Right now, I had to find where my weapon was. I heard more footsteps behind me, activating my semblance I split when we made it to the end of the hall.

From the sound of it three people were following me. Now I had two people on me as the third went down after my clone. "Great the twins." I hissed as I continued to run, that was one thing that I could say helped me. After so many attempts my endurance has gotten so much better. Not only that but I have learned a new trick. After making my clone go into a room, I made her disappear. Up ahead was a hallway with three options to choose from. With a smirk I used my semblance again to spawn two clones of myself. Now to just hope they followed the clones.

'My lucky day!' I said as I noticed they followed my clones. "Now I just have to – ooof!" Falling backwards I rub my head a bit before noticing a tall man with red and brown hair. His mask made his frown all the more daunting. Getting up I tried to run again, unfortunately he knocked me down before I made it very far.

Grabbing me by the arm he hauled me up onto my feet. Instead of talking to me he used his scroll to call the three that were chasing me. The first one to show up was the female twin, Liv. Her bear ears twitched against her cyan hair, which was up in four pony tails on the back of her head. The dark completion was beautiful in this light, even with the scar across her blind eye. The dark pink eye narrowed at me as I came into her line of vision.

The next figure to enter the hall was her brother Jasper. His red hair contrasted well against his dark skin and pale blue eyes. His ram horns always put me on edge, to me they looked unnaturally sharp. The expression on his face was similar to his twins. The last figure to enter was the person I lost first. Her name was Zhiyu, wolf ears rested on top of her brown hair. Another set of eyes were narrowed on me.

Rolling my eyes, I knew the routine, I start by following the wolf faunus to my room. The twins would walk behind me as Adam walked beside me. As we walk through the halls, I noticed that a room was slightly open. Looking into it I notice a table with a bunch of chairs around it. 'Must be a meeting room.' I thought to myself as I continued to walk.

I had been here for a couple weeks; I was kind of surprised how easy it was to slip past the guards. When make it to my room; I am the first to walk in as Adam follows. "Leave us be." He tells the other three as the door closes. Standing in the middle of the room, I cross my arms and glare at the tall figure before me. Removing his mask, he looks at me with an expressionless face. Soon his eyes narrow at me, "When will you get it through your thick skull Chesha, there is no escaping. Your stuck here no matter how hard you try."

As he was speaking, he was walking closer to me, I was trying to put distance between myself and him. "Adam just let me go!" I yelled pinning my ears to my head. "People are going to start asking questions Adam, you think my team will just stand by?! They will come." He paused in his movements; a smirk spread across his face.

"Oh, you mean the ones who have been getting letters from you. Telling them you are in hiding and that your fine." My eyes widened, he really had me trapped like a caged bird. I fell to the ground on my hands and knees. "I hope you have come to terms with this new information, next time I will order them to shoot you down." That was the last thing he said as he put his mask on and walked out.

My eyes were still wide as Zhiyu came inside; her face was stern before the door closed. Once it did that expression melted away to be replaced with worry. Her green eyes held so much concern as she walked closer with the tray of food. "Chesha are you alright?" She asked, I had gone on missions before with her, I think that is why she was always kind to me behind closed doors.