Chapter 19

Chesha POV

It has been about a week since I had meet Oscar Pine by chance after running from Adam. Luckily his Aunt was nice enough to let me stay as long as I helped out around the farm. Right now, Oscar was having me help him with moving the hay bales. "Chesha? I was wondering why that Adam guy was so content on looking for you?" Oscar asked while moving a hay bale that I had thrown up to him.

I chuckle softly "It's a long story that includes a lot of history to be honest." I said with a smile as I continued to give him the hay bales. "Long story short, Adam is someone who likes to control. Whether it is people or organizations, he unravels if he is not controlling something." I explain briefly to the boy.

With a nod of his head he continues with his question, most of them were pretty simple, get to know you questions. However, the next question throws me off guard. "What are you planning to do after you get your stuff?" He asked moving a hay bale. I froze to the spot.

"I . . . I don't know Oscar." I said sadly as he asked why I didn't know. "Well let's just say I am not perfect. I made some big mistakes and I am scared to face certain people." I tell him as he has a questioning look. "Not only was Adam controlling but he is manipulative too." I continue to explain.

I lower my head. "I thought what we were doing would have been OK, I was tricked into thinking that though." A small sigh leaves my mouth as I continue. "From the outside though it looks like I was 100% on board with everything. I followed him blindly without question." I took a seat on one of the hay bales as Oscar did the same.

"It was only when it was too late that I realized that what we were doing was wrong. I dragged my sister into that mess too. I can only image what my team thinks of me now. If they hate my guts, I don't blame them." I sighed looking over at Oscar. "So, my plan right now is to see where the wind takes me." I said with a soft smile before standing up again.

Oscar stands too and comes down the ladder. "Want some water?" I ask as he nods his head. Turning on my heel I walk in to grab us two cups to fill with water. Suddenly I hear a scream, setting the cups down I rush out with my fists up in the air. "Oscar?" I call out looking around. When my eyes land on him, he is laying on his back.

It took a while, but I was able to get him to wake up. "Oscar?!" I yell after splashing some water on his face. When he sits up, he is panting heavily. "Hey what happened? I found you on the floor like this." I tell him giving him a cloth to dry his face off.

"I-I'm not sure." He said rubbing his head before standing. Looking outside he saw the light of day depleting. "Oh, aren't you getting your stuff today?" He asked. I nodded my head as I helped him up.

After I made sure he was OK inside I grabbed my cloak before starting my walk to the village. Looking around I was glad that no one has recognized me while I have been here. Zhiyu said she would meet me in a tavern. As I walked down the street more, I finally found the place. I walked in as I realized how there was such a commotion in the tavern. 'I guess that's a good thing.' I said pinning my ears to my head.

When I finally found my friend, I walked over and sat with her. "Is this everything?" I asked looking at the bag she handed me.

"It is. I also added some Lien to your bag as well." She said as she brushed some of her hair out of her face. When I took the bag, I couldn't help but look inside. I saw everything plus a few more things she didn't mention.

After looking to make sure the important items were there, I looked at her with a smile on my face. "How could I ever thank you enough?" I asked.

With a shake of her head her green eyes focused on me. "There is no need. I will always help any faunus out no matter what." She said with a sad look in her eyes. I knew why she would help any faunus, while I was at HQ I had asked her about it. Her parents abandoned her and her brother, in the end she didn't want any faunus to feel as abandoned as she did. When her brother died that only solidified her want to protect and love all faunus.