Chapter 4

A/N ~ Sorry this is so late! My life has been pretty hectic. I hope you guys enjoy Chapter four and like always if you have an tips for me I'm open to here them! I want to get better at writing and I think it will help if I had your guys constructive criticism. Thanks and enjoy!

The sun had risen. I rolled over to try and block it from my view with no luck. Sighing and looking up I whisper to myself, "Just another day." I get up and stretch, my arms going above my head. I look over to see May still resting. Last night she had put an oversize sweatshirt on to hide her wings. I ended up using my foot to nudge her shoulder. "Hey time to get up." I see her open her eyes to look at me. Then she rolled her eyes and rolled over.

I smiled and got up to head to the bathrooms. Once I got myself ready in my outfit I walked out of the bathroom. I was wearing a black pair of leggings, with a light purple stripe on the sides, a white shirt, my leather jacket, which had my emblem of a fox head on the back. After getting that stuff on I put on some other accessories, which included a light purple headband, light purple ribbon around my neck, and light purple fingerless gloves. Soon I had also put on my black knee high boots. "Now to the locker room." I said and walked over there.

Before I made it to the locker room the boy from yesterday stopped me. "Hey Foxy." 'Wow new nick name.' I thought to myself. He smiled trying to flirt. Well more like was flirting. I raise my eye brow at him, a small smile on my face as he looked down at me. "So I was thinking maybe we could find a way to be partners?" He asked full of confidence. "We could discuss a way to meet up in the forest. How does that sound darlin'?" He asked. I smirked at his comment.

"How about I make a deal with you." I pause taking a step forward. His face didn't change so it clued me that I didn't catch him off guard. "If you can find me in the forest I'll consider it." I say watching him stand up straight. I put my hand out. "Deal?" Looking at my hand he shakes it with a smile on his face. Full of hope and confidence. He probably thought he would have this in the bag.

"Deal." He took my hand and shook it. Then I waved and flipped my hair over my shoulder walking away. I twitched my ears back to hear him chuckle. I walk into the locker rooms to see that May has already gotten her weapon and was waiting for me to head out with her. I could hear different conversations going on around me. I waved at Blake and Weiss when I passed by them. As we walked out to the cliffs I began thinking about when I had decided I wanted to start training.

I was running in the rain. Water was on my face but, it wasn't just from the rain. I was running from school. My ears blew in the wind because some bullies had pulled my ribbon, that pinned my ears to my head, off of me. As I ran home I was still crying. Luckily for me my father was on a trip for his company, so that means that Vester and Mauve will watch me for the week.

I pushed through the big doors and closed them behind me with a loud crash. Running down the halls I tried to get to my room as fast as I could. When I had slammed the front door Vester had heard so, he was coming out of the kitchen when I bumped into him. Quickly he wrapped his arms around me. "Hey! Hey, what are you doing here?" The tall man chuckled before realizing that I was crying. "Oh hey what's wrong?" He pulled back a bit holding my shoulders, then he looked me in the eyes. My eyes were all red and puffy. I couldn't say what was wrong because I was still trying to catch my breath. Tears were still cascading down my face.

"Vester what's wrong?" Mauve asked from the kitchen. Vester waited a few more seconds to see if I was going to answer. I wiped my eyes, still too emotional to explain anything to him. Then he picked me up. I was almost getting to big for him to pick me up. I was eight after all. Vester took me into the kitchen. I was still dripping wet from the rain.