Epilogue

"The End." Fade got down from his father's laps and took a bow, a smile spreading across his face.

"Ugh, finally. Why was Fade even injured like that?" Tooni asked.

Fade shrugged, having no reply.

"By the way who's Anike? I used her in my story because you used her too." Ara asked Tooni.

"She's my classmate." Came his reply.

"Then who are Dipo and Dami?" Ara asked again.

"My classmates too."

"Those were good stories, kids." Temilade glanced at the clock, before doing a double take.

2:46am? It's a wonder no one had dozed off yet.

"Whose story was the best?" Tooni inched closer to the adults, hope written all over his face.

The adults exchanged looks.

"Your stories were all excellent." Jide rubbed the top of Tooni's head.

"Yes. No one's story was better than the other because you all touched different aspects of life. In your own way, it was great." Nifemi added.

Doyin scooped Fade into her arms while Ara settled on her mother's laps.

"I'm so proud of you, my little one. Maybe one day you'll grow up to be a writer." Doyin said.

"No! I want to be like Daddy."

"Oh dear, but Daddy is a banker."

"I want to be a banka too."

Everyone burst into laughter, before the adults began shooing the kids into Tooni's room where they were to sleep together.

As the kids were leaving, Fade ran back to his parents and gave them a hug.

"I love you, Mummy and Daddy."

"We love you too, sweetie."

Fade beamed, then turned around to leave when he heard his mummy say, "Let's go sleep too."

"Nah. I have a better idea." His daddy countered.

"What would that be?" His mummy asked.

"Let's go make our Sewa."

Doyin blushed. She'd found it baffling that Fade had a younger sister in all their stories, but she had shrugged it off and gone with the flow. Now her husband was suggesting... She coughed and buried her face in his shoulder.

"Mummy?" Fade called as he turned back to face her.

"Yes baby?"

"How will you make Sewa?" His brows rose in confusion.

The adults exchanged looks and laughed again.

"One day, Fade. You'll find out." Jide threw his head back and laughed some more.

Fade trudged back to Ara and Tooni. "Why are they laughing?"

Ara and Tooni glanced at each other, then shrugged.

"Let's just go and sleep." Tooni yawned and left the sitting room.

Ara and Fade walked behind him, and just as they reached the hallway, she slipped her hand into his.

"One day when we're old, we'll be together."

Tooni scoffed, and shook his head.

Meanwhile a grin broke out on Fade's face, and he tightened his hold on her hand. "Like Mummy and Daddy?"

She nodded, a smile spreading across her face. "Yes. Like Mummy and Daddy."

The two of them skipped in after Tooni and shut the door, their words eoching in their minds.

When the adults went to check up on them later on, they found Tooni sprawled in bed with his mouth open just enough for a drool to seep out.

Then their gazes landed on Fade and Ara, her head resting on his shoulder while his arm was wrapped round her.

Smiles settled on their faces as they tiptoed out and shut the door.

Those stories might become a reality after all.

********************