...and in the End

"I love your story!" Fade said, excitement lighting up his face.

Ara giggled.

"Thank you. It's your turn to say yours."

"Let's keep it short, shall we?" Tooni asked.

Fade pouted and folded his arms. "Leave me alone."

Ara threw a glare at her brother. "Leave him alone. We all listened to you, so you have to listen to us."

"Whatever."

Fade tapped his chin, deep in thought. "What should mine be about? Should I make it about a CEO and his secretary? Or a celebrity and her manager? Or two babies in the womb that connect through supernatural means?"

A repulsed look crossed Tooni's face. "Don't you dare."

Fade and Ara laughed at him, while the adults looked on with amusement written all over their faces.

"Fade, why don't you say a story about–" Doyin started to suggest.

"Mummy!" A frown appeared on Fade's face.

Temilade also tried, "Perhaps, my boy you can–"

"Daddy!" The frown on Fade's face deepened.

"Any day now." Tooni said.

Tears sprang to Fade's eyes, the pressure overwhelming him.

Ara held his hands and smiled. "Don't worry, Fade. Just start talking and everyone will listen. I'm sure your story will be the most interesting."

Tooni rolled his eyes once more, and everyone began to fear that it might roll to the back of his head.

"Alright." Fade beamed, wiping his tears. "I'll start then."

Smiles settled on his parents' faces as they gazed with pride shining in their eyes. This acted as another source of encouragement for him.

With a smile lighting up his face, he began.

Fade's story goes thus...

***********************