VIII Envelope

Lauren's POV

My fingers graze the envelope's seal as I pace back and forth around my room. I have accompanied Camila back home not too long ago and it has been 30 minutes since it had hit midnight. I tear open the seal and take out the letter inside.

I love helping out the community. I love helping those in need, either people or animals. It's technically Saturday now and every Saturday I love to go to the animal shelter and help them find homes for those adorable animals who still don't have one. I donate money as well so the animal shelter can buy all the necessities for the animals.

I want you to go to the Miami-Dade Animal Services Pet Adoption & Protection Center. You can either go alone or with someone, I hope this will bring brightness to your day and maybe even adopt one of those animals in need of a loving home.

Remember I'm closer to you than you believe! :) See you around...

Xoxo,
Your Secret Admirer xx

I fold the letter back up and take out the photographs. One is inside and one is outside to show how the building looks like. I eye the picture of the inside of the building that has a variety of dogs playing around with each other. I grab the shoe box which is now decorated and put everything back in the envelope. I put the envelope inside in number order with the rest then close the shoebox with its lid and put it back to where it was.

★ R O S E🌹★

When the sun is finally up, I walk down the stairs half-awake to see only Taylor in the kitchen.

"Morning," I husked out.

"Morning, Lauren." Taylor hands me a plate of waffles and I quietly thank her. "How was the dance last night?" She asks.

"Good," I respond.

"Really, 'good'. Come on how was it?" Taylor nudges my arm.

A soft smile forms on my lips as I look up at Taylor. "It was amazing," I said.

"Oh my God. Is it because of Camila?" Taylor hops onto the counter beside me, swinging her legs back and forth.

"Being on that roof, it was beyond amazing, we star gazed and we also almost..." I trail off.

"Oh my God! Why didn't y'all end up doing it?" Taylor asks.

"She's a virgin... And I respect her so much. Plus we aren't a thing and I want her to do it with the person she's with but I told her my offer will always be up," I said.

"You are so sweet and noble, Lauren, it's cute," Taylor says.

"I hope she accepts my offer. The things I feel for her," I breathe out, "I have never felt before in my life."

"I can tell. Not even with Lucy," Taylor hops off the counter.

"I rushed in with her," I said.

"A dumbass decision if you asked me," Taylor pats me in the back.

"And I acknowledge it which is something I don't want to do with Camila," I said.

"Awwww! So what's next on the agenda with the envelopes?" Taylor asks.

"An animal shelter," I said.

"Oh my God! Can I go with you? Pretty please with a cherry on top!" Taylor pleads.

"Of course, Taylor, I know how much you love animals," I laugh softly.

"Are you going to adopt one?" She asks.

"I don't know," A smile forms on my lips no matter how much I fought it.

"You are, aren't you?" Taylor jumps up and down.

"Okay fine, yes I am, but not exactly for me," I said.

"For who then?" Taylor asks curiously.

"For Camila. No more further questions, Tay."