V Envelope

Camila's POV

I lean against the front door breathing heavily. Did... Did that just happen? I know I'm playing a dangerous game with these letters and meanwhile getting closer to Lauren. But now that I'm in it I can't seem to get out of it. My fingertips graze my lips still feeling the lingering sensation of Lauren's soft lips on my own.

My hand lowers to the doorknob but I hesitate. I walk away from the door and up to my room. I grab the envelope and rose, looking across to Lauren's house, seeing all the lights turned off.

I walk out and across the street. Setting the envelope and rose down I gently rise and see a car pull up. My eyes widen and see Michael and Clara get out.

"Camila?" They asked in confusion.

"A beautiful night Mr. and Mrs. Jauregui," I smile.

"What are you doing here?" Michael smiles. He looks down at the doorway and looks back up at me. "Are you the deliverer of the letters and roses?"

"I...i-"

"Don't be foolish honey she's the one writing the letters," Clara says. She walks up to me taking both of my hands with hers. "Why don't you just tell Lauren directly about how you feel?"

"You guys know about the letters and roses?" I was able to let out.

"What kind of parents would we be if we didn't know what is happening with our children?" Michael speaks up.

I shrug, "Please don't tell her. I... I just want her to get to know me we aren't the same class."

"That may be true honey but we aren't like all the other rich people we appreciate the simple things in life like this house. It's beautiful and simple and not overwhelming," Clara says.

"Plus... I'm pretty sure Lauren would never care about that. We raised her well, we showed her that money comes and goes. No matter how much money a person has more than the other we are all the same," Michael adds.

"I know you guys are sweet parents but please..."

Michael nods and Clara gives me a reassuring smile. The older lady pulls me into a hug and Michael shakes my hand.

"Thank you," I smile.

"No problem honey," Clara smiles.

"Just don't take long," Michael jokes.

I nod with a smile and walk back across to my house. Once in my room, I see a light turn on in Lauren's room.

★ R O S E🌹★

Lauren's POV

I pop open the envelope and take out the letter. My fingertips graze over the familiar handwriting and I begin reading.

I can feel you connecting with me and I can feel myself connecting with you. This next location is sorta normal because we are in Florida. This next location is the beach down by Versailles but when I was walking around the beach I found a hidden place. Behind the bushes of a tree that looks completely normal.

I didn't just walk around there and left. If I was confused about what I felt I would go there and sort em out maybe sometimes even stay the night. It's discreet so nobody could ever bother me. I hope it works the same for you.

Remember I'm closer to you than you believe! :) See you around...

Xoxo,
Your Secret Admirer xx

I blink a couple of times pulling the picture out. I lift my blanket and walk over to my window. I move the curtain aside peering over at Camila's house. I lick my lips still savoring her taste. I stash the envelope away in the shoebox where all the other letters are and put the rose in the vase. I go back under my covers turning the bedside lamp off and letting sleep overtake me.

★ R O S E🌹★

I close my locker and walk to class. Camila and I haven't interacted and it's making me worried. Did I fuck all this up by kissing her? Someone that was running in the opposite direction of me bumps into me knocking us both down.

"Oh my God, I'm-" She stops herself and my breath catches in my throat.

"Lucy..." I whisper.

My eyes drift around the hallway and they land on Camila. Her first clenched furiously. Is she jealous? Camila walks away and I push Lucy off of me. "Sorry," I apologize to Lucy. I jog after Camila catching up to her. "Hey!" I grab her arm.

Camila tenses up under my touch then turns towards me plastering on a forced smile. "Hi, Lauren. What's up?" She asks.

"About-"

"It's none of my business," She says.

"Camila..." I take her hand in mine. She doesn't retract it encouraging me on. "Are you jealous?"

Camila retracts her hand looking away from me. "No. Why would I be?" She murmurs.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" I touch her shoulder.

Her face goes pale, "I- I just care about you as a friend."

"Are you going to pretend that I didn't kiss you and you kissed me back?" I raise one eyebrow.

"No. I'm not saying that I just don't want to ruin this friendship. I feel like my true self when I'm around you," Camila confesses.

"I feel like my true self around you too," I whisper.

Camila bites her lower lip and my thumb caresses her lips. I lean down but she moves her head to the side avoiding my lips. "No Lauren," She shakes her head.

I nod and pull away from her. I run my hands down her arms kissing her forehead instead.

After school, I walk out to the car but stop when I see Camila sitting alone at a bench. I walk over and sit down next to her. "Hi," I smile.

She gets startled and hides away whatever she was working on. "Hi, Lauren..."

"What we're you working on?"

"N-nothing," She stutters.

I eye her side profile then nod dismissing the subject. "So the letter from last night, the next location is a discreet place on the beach down by Versailles. Want to come?" I asked hopefully.

Camila looks up at me a soft smile forming on her lips. "Is this an excuse to get me all to yourself?" She giggles.

I smile, taking one of her hands in mine, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear and cupping her cheek. "Are you accepting my invite?"

Camila brings one of her hands up to my wrist leaning against my warmth. "Maybe..." She whispers.

I smile caressing my thumb over her knuckles. "Great..." I mumble. I gaze into her eyes and she holds it making us both grin.