The Sounds of Nature

Camila's POV

I get out of Lauren's car breathing in the fresh air and the smell of the ocean. Lauren gets out taking her sunglasses off taking in the view.

"Beautiful huh?" She smiles.

"Yeah..." I smile.

Lauren and I walk down to the beach staying a couple of inches away from each other. Lauren pulls out the photo and peers over the beach. She laughs triumphantly and jogs over to a bush of leaves from trees. She moves them aside and motions me forward.

I throw her a soft smile and push forward. Lauren pushes right after me and the leaves fall, concealing the entryway.

I walk closer to the water as the waves crash against the shore. Lauren follows after me as I spread my arms out letting the breeze brush against me. I take a deep breath closing my eyes. I turn around to look at Lauren to see a distant look on her face. Walking over to her, the green-eyed girl finally looks up. "What's wrong?" I touch her upper arm.

"Just thinking," Lauren mumbles.

"Care to share?" I looked worriedly at her.

Lauren shakes her head and a smile forms on her lips. "It's not important. Let's just enjoy this," She says.

"Okay." I take off my shoes and roll up my pants. Lauren follows my actions and I take her hand in mine. The water hits against my feet and ankles as I reach down and take a small pebble in my hands. I throw it out into the water as it bounces around to then shortly sink.

"Sweet throw," Lauren laughs.

"Yeah. Probably not as good as you," I playfully shove her.

Lauren laughs and playfully shoves me back. "I'm not getting cocky," She smiles.

"Oh really? Well, that's surprising," I joke.

Lauren laughs and throws a pebble out into the ocean. I cross one of my arms and rest my elbow on it playing with my lower lip. I feel Lauren's eyes on me and I turn, our eyes immediately locking. 

Lauren moves closer to me bringing her hand up to my cheek. Her thumb starts caressing my cheekbone her body moving closer to me as I feel the heat radiation of her body.

"What are you doing to me?" Lauren whispered

"W-what?" I stutter.

"This feeling that I get when I'm with you. The burning feeling I get when I touch you," Lauren mumbles.

"Lauren..." I whisper.

"Shhh. Don't ruin the moment just don't resist."

Lauren dips her head down, connecting our lips. I let out a breath not hesitating this time for even a second. Lauren smiles against our lips her hands resting on my hips. My hands rest on her shoulders and she deepens the kiss. Lauren traps my lower lip pulling it slowly. I slowly groan and pull away from her. I keep our foreheads glued, our breaths heavy and mismatched.

"Your taste is intoxicating," Lauren whispers. She pecks my lips over and over again as she keeps whispering things to me.

"Lauren..." I mumble.

"Yeah?"

"We can't. Please don't torture me. Let's just stop before we go too far," I whisper.

Her hand caresses my waist rubbing our noses together. "You don't want me to stop," She tilts her head to the side.

"Lauren... We can't let's just be... Friends," I said with so much pain.

Lauren nods and slowly pulls away from me. "Okay... Just friends," She says.