Second Shot

Camila's POV

I strum my guitar as I play a slow melody feeling the flow of the music make tears run down my cheeks. I stop playing my guitar as I let out a small, shaky breath. I hear paws on my bedroom floor then look over to see Thunder jump up on my bed. The puppy lays his head down on my lap as I start to scratch him behind his ear.

"Oh, Thunder, I wish Lauren could just talk to me," I speak.

The puppy lifts his head and cocks his head to the side as if he's telling me to continue.

"I love her Thunder... I can't live without her. I miss going over to her house late at night and watch movies while eating pizza," I continue. I was about to talk again but the doorbell rings throughout the house.

I set my guitar down on my bed as I stand up and walk over to my window. I see the person standing at my doorway but I can't see their face. "Stay here Thunder," I ordered the dog.

Thunder barks multiple times at me then lays down on the second pillow of my bed.

I open my bedroom door and walk over to the stairs to see Lauren step through the door. "Lauren..." I let out.

The green-eyed girl looks up at me her eye color not as green as they usually are. "Camila..." She says.

"I'll leave you two alone I have some errands to run," My mother grabs her purse and walks out the front door.

Once the door shuts, Lauren and I fall into an awkward silence.

The sound of paws makes me smile as Thunder dashes down the stairs and jumps on Lauren.

"Hi, buddy!" Lauren kneels and starts to scratch Thunder's belly as he playfully bites at her fingers. Lauren smiles as she speaks to him in a baby voice. "He's gotten big," Lauren smiles at me.

"He already was but he grows bit by bit," I smiled.

Lauren stands up and her face turns serious as her greyish eyes lock onto my brown eyes. "I came here to talk to you," She says.

"Let's go up to my room," I said.

Lauren's POV

Inside Camila's room, the brunette sits down on her bed and slowly starts to strum her guitar as the puppy jumps up on her bed.

I sit at her desk as I stare down at the floor, listening to the melody of the music. "That melody is so sad," I speak.

"Been feeling it the last couple of days," Camila speaks lowly.

I frown forms on my lips as I drum my fingers on her desk. I stand up and walk over to her. I grab her guitar, taking it gently out of her hands, and set it on its stand. I sit down in front of her and take her hands in mine as I run my thumbs over her knuckles. "I'm sorry for the way I acted and said that everything you did with me was a lie especially that night that was so special to me," I speak.

"You were shocked, you don't have to apologize for the way you acted but apology accepted for calling my actions a lie," Camila smiles but it doesn't reach her eyes.

I let go of one of her hands as I place my free hand on her cheek. "No apology can make me feel better for what I did to you," I slowly start to stroke her cheek.

"Let's just forget and let's move on," Camila places her hand over mine.

"So I have a second shot?" I ask, a smile on my lips.

"You will always have as many shots as you want," Camila returns my smile.

"I don't need them because I'm not screwing up again," I lean closer as I rest my forehead on hers.

"I have your eleventh letter ready," She whispers.

"You do?" I question.

"I finished it not too long ago. I was going to drop it off on your doorstep," Camila pulls away and stands up. She walks over to her desk and opens one of the drawers and takes out the letter then a rose from a vase. The brunette hands me both items with a bright smile on her face.

I take the items making my fingertips graze against her fingers. I grasp her hand and pull Camila onto my lap as I hand her the envelope. "Do you want to read it?" I kiss her shoulder.

"My pleasure," Camila takes the envelope from me with a smile. The brunette breaks open the seal then takes out the letter as she eyes her handwriting then clears her throat so she can start reading the letter.

Next up is going to be the beauty of our world...