Where The Heart Takes You

Lauren's POV

"You ready?" I smile at Camila.

"Yup." Camila stands up and hands me my great grandfather's compass.

"Did you figure it out?" I smile.

"I've been studying but I think it would have been better if my girlfriend taught me. I can't learn through technology," Camila kisses my lips softly.

"Are you just saying that so you can get me alone in one of our bedrooms again?" I whisper, my arm snaking around her waist.

"Figure it out," She whispers.

"C'mon let's go," I hold my compass up, shaking it lightly. I open my front door as I start to follow in the direction the hand is pointing to. I get into my car as Camila enters as well. "We're going for a ride," I smile, putting the key in the ignition.

"It's been a while since I've been in your car," Camila touches the dashboard.

"Same old, same old," I said as the car roars to life.

Camila's POV

As Lauren continues to follow the compass, I look out the window as everything passes by in a flash in front of my eyes. I perk up when I see that the beach is nearby. "We're close to the beach," I said.

Lauren quickly glances down at the compass and nods. "The hand is pointing that way," She says pointing in the direction.

"The beach is to our right," I look at her.

"Guess we know where the compass is taking us," Lauren smiles.

Once Lauren has parked, I get out of her car as the smell of the ocean washes my nostrils. I walk over to the ocean and take my shoes off as I bury my toes in the room temperature sand.

Lauren walks up beside me as she hugs me from behind, her chin resting on my shoulder.

"The ocean means a lot of things," I speak.

"Like?" Lauren questions.

"Like there's always something new for you to discover," I said.

"Or," Lauren steps away from me and turns me around to face her. She takes my hands in hers, threading her fingers through mine. "How my love for you is as big as the ocean," Lauren smiles.

"God, you never stop, do you?" I smile.

"My love for you can never be contained, baby," Lauren kisses my forehead.

"So why did the compass take us here?" I question.

"Compasses usually work by the magnetic poles of the earth but my great grandfather told my grandfather that it works with the heart," Lauren explains.

"And why is that?" I ask.

"When my great grandfather always used it at the end it always took him to his special place," Lauren says.

"So your heart is with the beach?" I run my hand through her hair.

"Most of my favorite memories took place on the beach," Lauren smiles.

"So how did your great grandfather buy this? It looks expensive I thought your family name wasn't rich at that time," I take the compass from the green-eyed girl.

"And we weren't, he saw it when he was just seven years old in a shop and has been saving up for it ever since, he bought it once he was 25 years old," Lauren places her hand over mine to cover the compass.

"Seems the Jauregui's like chasing for what they love," I look up in her eyes.

"We never give up on what we love," She whispers.