XIII Envelope

Camila's POV

Normani and Ally let out a small scream when I tell them that Lauren and I are finally dating.

"Why didn't you tell us right when it happened?" Normani playfully shoves me.

"It was late at night and there was no school the next day," I giggle.

"And! Have you heard of the telephone, grandma?" Normani says.

"Okay, okay, chill! All that matters is that our best friend is happy, right?" Ally smiles.

I walk over to the locker to see Lauren talking with a blonde. "Hi!" I wrap my arm around her torso.

"Hi!" Lauren wraps her arms around me and plants a kiss on top of my head. Lauren points at the blonde and speaks, "That's Dinah."

"Oh, hi, I've heard so much about you," I wave at her softly.

"Yeah, me too. So much that I wanted to throw myself off a skyscraper," Dinah playfully rolls her eyes as she chuckles softly.

"Hey, I'm sorry, but I can't hang out with you today," I pull away from Lauren.

"Why?" Lauren asks.

"Because my dad is taking me and my family to the park," I answer. I kiss her cheek softly as the last bell rings. "I'll see you tonight though, set up the movie and order the pizza," I wink.

"Of course," Lauren smiles.

Lauren's POV

Later that night, I have Camila in my arms as we watch the movie in peaceful silence.

"Oh look what time it is," Camila shows me the time on her phone.

"Midnight," I smile.

Camila gets up from the couch and goes to her bag. She pulls out the envelope and the rose as she hands them over to me.

I take the items as I put the rose inside of my glass of water and I break open the seal of the envelope. I take out the letter, unfold it, and start to read...

This time this letter is not about me but you. I want you to take out your dad's compass and I want you to follow it. I'm also more curious about your world so I'll follow you as well because I want to see where it leads you.

And maybe just maybe I want you to teach me how to read maps and compasses because why not, you love it and since I love you then I want you to share something that you love with me.

Remember I'm closer to you than you believe! :) See you around...

Xoxo,
Your Secret Admirer xx

I fold the letter back up as I set the envelope down. "Your serious, right?" I turn to face Camila.

"Dead," Camila smiles.

"I'll come back," I stand up. I jog up the stairs and open my bedroom door. I grab the vintage wooden jewelry box from the shelf. I slowly open it and see the beautiful gold compass inside. I close the box, go back downstairs, and walk into the living room. "It's in here," I hand Camila the jewelry box.

Camila takes it and opens the jewelry box as she takes out the compass as it glints in the light. "Wow, you take care of this, don't you?" Camila smiles.

"With all of my heart, it's passed down from father to child since my great-grandfather," I smiled brightly.

"It's that old? It looks like it's brand new," Camila says.

"It's like a gem to whoever it passes down to," I smile.

"Well let's see if it still works because I want to go on a wild goose chase trying to see where it takes us," Camila says.

"Of course it still works," I give her a playful scowl.