XII Envelope

Lauren's POV

"Here's your stop," I said once we are on Camila's doorstep.

"I don't think I want to leave you yet," Camila wraps her arms around my neck.

"Camila," I smile. I lean down and kiss her lips slowly. Once I pull away, I whisper against her lips, "I'll see you when I first wake up."

"Alarms at the same time?" Camila smiles.

"Alarms at the same time," I nod slowly.

"8 am. I'll be waiting," Camila smiles. She pulls away from me and opens her front door then closes it once she's inside of her house.

I look down to see the envelope and the rose in my hands. I shake my head as a smile appears on my lips. I walk across the street and open my front door. I look back at Camila's house to see her bedroom light turn off meaning the girl is already in bed. I close the door and see the hallway light turn on upstairs making me look up to see Taylor walking down the stairs.

"And your back! What did she say?" Taylor jumps up and down excitedly.

I look down at the floor then I look back up, a bright smile lighting up my face. "She said yes!" I said happily.

"Woohoo!" Taylor does a happy dance. Once she stops dancing, she points down at the envelope and rose in my hands. "Still doing that?" She smiles.

"Yeah," I nod.

Taylor pulls me into her embrace for a couple of seconds before pulling away from me. "Good night," She gently slaps my cheek softly then walks back up the stairs and disappears as the hallway lights turn off.

I walk into the kitchen and serve myself a glass of water as I down the liquid. I set the glass down and I pick up the envelope and break open the seal. I take out the letter and unfold it as I start to read it...

It may seem weird because we live in Miami but I love riding horses. I just like how the wind whips through my hair and hits my face as it cools me down under the hot sun. We underestimate these beautiful beasts. They may be animals but they are certainly smarter than most humans.

Out in that open field with me on that horse, I feel so free and it makes me wonder where this beautiful animal will take me.

You give me that vibe that wants to know where the wind takes you. Ever since you told me you love maps and you have your dad's compass I wonder where the wind will take you during the horse ride and I will follow you all the way because wherever you go, I will go.

Remember I'm closer to you than you believe! :) See you around...

Xoxo,
Your Secret Admirer xx

I smile as I take out the picture to see that it's Camila on a horse seeming as she's riding right into the sunset.

"You sure know me better than I know myself," I whisper to myself.

I put the glass cup in the sink then go upstairs as I open my bedroom door. I put the rose in the vase with the rest of the roses then put the envelope in the shoebox with the rest of the envelopes. I change into my pajamas then I look out my window and look over to Camila's house. I smile to myself and I lay down on my bed as I turn off the lights and close my eyes, falling into a deep sleep.