Touch The Sky

Camila's POV

"Kaki you look so beautiful," Sofia comments from my bed.

"Thank you Sofi," I smiled as I put the finishing touches on my makeup.

"So are you and Lauren a thing?" Sofia sits up.

My eyes meet her identical ones through the mirror, "No we aren't kiddo."

"But don't you have like a crush on her?" Sofia asks.

"Yes," I respond.

"Does she know?"

"No," I said.

We hear the doorbell go off then my mom calling my name from downstairs.

"Lauren must be here," Sofia says.

I take a deep breath and look at myself in the mirror. You got this, Camila... I grab my purse and Sofia follows me out the door. I slowly walk down the stairs to see Lauren by the front door talking with my mom.

Lauren's POV

I stop talking with Mrs. Cabello as my eyes land on Camila walking down the stairs. I hold myself from hanging my jaw and my eyes widening.

"My beautiful, beautiful girl," Mrs. Cabello kisses Camila's forehead.

"Gracias, mami." Camila kisses her mother's cheek then looks over at me. "Hi, Lauren," She smiles brightly.

"Hi, Camila. You look stunning," I said.

She takes my hand and walks to be in front of me. "Thank you," She says.

I take her other hand in mine and stare affectionately into her eyes. "I'm ready to go when you are," I said.

"Let's do this then," She said.

I lead us out the door once we say goodbye to Camila's mother and sister. I lead us out to my car and I open the passenger side door for her. Camila squeezes my arm then enters as I close the door once she's settled.

I enter the driver's side as I put the key in the ignition, roaring the engine alive. "This might be just a simple school dance but you're going to have a good time, I promise you," I said.

"I don't doubt it," Camila smiles warmly at me.

★ R O S E🌹★

Parking in the school parking lot, we see other groups of friends entering the school. It might seem weird that everyone is going to a simple school dance but honestly, the school throws some dope parties it's like if it was a prom or a graduation party.

Camila loops her arm through mine as I lead us to the entrance. In the gym now, everyone is dancing or a group of friends in the corner either gossiping or talking shit about some people that are on the dance floor.

Two girls run up to Camila as they greet her. Camila greets them back then the other two girls' eyes land on me.

"Uh, hi..." I greet awkwardly.

"Lauren Jauregui," The short blonde says.

I study the girl carefully, "Ally... Brooke?"

"You know my name?" She questions.

"I know everyone's name. And this is Normani Kordei," I said.

"Flattered," The dark-skinned girl said.

"Your this school's best singer. Quite a fan," I said.

"Good taste."

I turn to Camila and bring my lips to her ear. "I'll go get us some punch," I squeeze her arm.