VII Envelope

Lauren's POV

I jog over to Camila's locker to see her already there. "Morning!" I called out.

Camila turns to look at me, "Morning."

"Excited for the dance tonight?" I lean beside her. Camila doesn't respond making me touch her arm. "What's wrong Camila?" I whispered.

"Lauren I don't think-"

"No!" I blurt out, "Don't do this to me, Camila, please."

"Lauren..." She trails off.

"Camila..." I whisper. I pull out last night's letter and hand it to her.

Camila hesitantly takes the letter and reads it.

This next spot is very easy but very hard to get to. The school dance is finally here so maybe it will be easy to get to since everyone will be busy. I always wished to go there with someone special. Gaze out into the stars, have them hold me in their arms, and whisper beautiful, loving things into my ear.

There's no picture for this one because it's right above your head. This next spot is the school's rooftop take someone special Lauren or not if you want to wait to figure out who I am.

Remember I'm closer to you than you believe! :) See you around...

Xoxo,
Your Secret Admirer xx

Camila looks up at me gazing into my eyes. "Why did you want me to read this?" She asks.

I bring my hand up to her cheek pressing my palm gently onto it. "I want to go there with you..." My thumb starts a loving caress.

"Lauren..." Camila whispers looking down at her shoes.

My hand travels down from her cheek to her chin, lifting it. "Please say you'll come with me, Camila," I pleaded.

"Lauren what about-"

"No, no, no. I know I'm determined with these letters but tonight your my 'date' so it's all about you," A soft smile forms on my lips.

"Your a real charmer, aren't you?" Camila cracks a small smile.

I realize how close we are and I pull away from her. "Sorry..." I whispered.

Camila shakes her head, "Don't be, it's sweet, I love that about you." Camila steps close to me again and tilts her head up, pressing her lips onto mine.

My eyes widen with shock but then I start to kiss her back. Yes maybe all eyes are on us but I don't care and I can tell she doesn't either. Camila slowly pulls away from the kiss a small smile forming on her lips.

"Did... You-" I shake my head snapping out of my trance.

Camila smiles sheepishly avoiding eye contact with me. "I'm sorry, Lauren..." Camila apologizes once more.

"Don't apologize, Camila..." I smile.

"Okay..." Camila smiles.

"You are so confusing. I just want to understand you," I whisper.

Camila doesn't respond avoiding connecting our gazes.

"Do you need to get something off your chest, Camila?" I asked.

"Lauren... I-" Camila shakes her head, "Never mind. Lunch is almost over, I'll see you tonight."

"Wait... Camila..." I let her name drag out of my mouth as she left.

Camila's POV

I couldn't bear to look her in the eyes once she asked that question. I'm playing fire with fire when doing all of this envelope shit while getting close to Lauren at the same time. I can't seem to depart myself from her either. The energy she radiates is so warm and welcoming.

Who knows what the fuck is going to happen tonight up at that rooftop but I'm scared, nervous, and excited all at the same time.