Field Full Of Happiness

Lauren's POV

I open the backseat door as I hook the leash onto Thunder's collar.

The puppy jumps out of my car as he starts to eagerly pull me towards the field of sunflowers.

I laugh softly as I close the door and lock my car. "Camila?" I call out.

"Yes?" She turns around to face me.

"Can you calm him down a little?" I chuckle.

Camila walks over to me and takes the leash away from me. "Thunder," Camila calls.

The puppy stops sniffing the ground as he perks his head up and cocks his head to the side at Camila.

"There," Camila smiles at me. She wraps her free arm around my shoulders and pulls my lips into a kiss.

I wrap my arms around her waist as I pull her tight against me.

Camila pulls away when her arm that's holding the leash starts to move around wildly due to the puppy prancing around. "He wants us to enter the sunflowers," Camila rests her forehead against mine.

"Have you trained him to follow orders?" I ask.

"He's a smart boy, he'll stay close," Camila smiles. She whistles Thunder over and unclips his leash so he can run free. Camila places the leash around my neck then pulls me towards her.

"Damn..." I smiled as I place my hands on her hips.

"Hold onto that," Camila pokes her tongue out and licks the corner of my lips.

I take her hand in mine and we start to stroll around the field of sunflowers while Thunder dances around our feet.

"It's very beautiful out here," I stop us from walking as I turn to face Camila.

"Do you now understand why I like sunflowers?" Camila smiles at me.

"Do you feel joy right now?" I tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"I feel like I'm floating on clouds," Camila smiles.

A few feet away from us, I see Thunder chasing and trying to capture a butterfly.

"Your boy is trying to murder a butterfly," I whisper in Camila's ear.

"Let him live," Camila lays her head on my shoulder.

I slowly start to stroke her back as the sun starts to descend over the horizon. "The sun is setting," I plant a kiss below her ear.

"And?" Camila lifts her head so she can look me in the eyes.

"You promised me a movie night," I smiled.

"I love seeing your eyes so green. I didn't like how grey they looked earlier today," Camila cups my cheek.

"My whole world lights up when I'm with you," I smooth out her hair.

"You are so smooth it's disgustingly amazing," Camila smiles.

"Come on let's go home. Grab your boy," I point towards the puppy who just jumped on a bed of sunflowers as I hand Camila the leash.

"Thunder!" Camila calls.

The puppy perks his head up and runs over to Camila as he jumps on her legs.

Camila bends down and picks the puppy up in her arms. "Hi, mi niño!" She kisses his snout. Camila walks over to my car as she whispers what a good boy the German Shepherd is for listening to her.

I stand perfectly still as my eyes take in the beautiful scenery then they land on Camila. I'm not screwing up again, I'm gonna ask her to be my girlfriend.