First Of Many More

"Go Panthers go! Go Panthers go!" The school crowd cheers.

Lauren dodges the opposing team member as she runs to third base. They are in the bottom half of the seven-inning with her team in the lead by four points. Her best friend Dinah steps up to the home plate twirling her bat in her hands. The opposing team's pitcher pitches the ball towards Dinah earning one strike. Lauren watches closely waiting for Dinah's bat to meet the softball. Second strike.

Lauren is losing hope her team started bad but hopefully, they got in the lead by the fifth inning. The pitcher pitches the ball and Dinah's bat finally meets the softball. The ball goes all the way out to the center of the field and Lauren sprints towards the home base. She sees the ball transfer throughout the opposing members. The 1st baser throws the softball at the catcher but before she can do anything Lauren's feet touch the home base. Score!

The Panthers cheer as the inning comes to an end. Lauren jumps up as the other team exits the softball field. Lauren's teammates raise her in the air chanting her name.

"Captain Lauren! Captain Lauren!" They cheer.

Lauren was set down by her teammates as the school students of Miami Palmetto High cheer from the stands. Lauren smiles and walks over to the ditch. She packs her bag and drinks a big gulp from her water bottle.

"Sweet game regui!" Dinah claps Lauren's shoulder.

"You too I thought we were toast," Lauren laughs.

"Don't mention it my hands were sweating," Dinah sits down.

"Least we won. Coral Gables high school is a fucking challenge," Lauren mumbles sitting down next to Dinah.

"I know they just won't quit how many loses do they have to take?" Dinah laughs.

"I think it's their main goal to beat us," Lauren laughs.

"Hm, some of the girls and I are going out tonight, wanna come?"

"No, I have to finish the last of the campaign for student council," Lauren stands up. She grabs her bag and waves at Dinah. As she is walking to her car she spots three girls talking amongst themselves. She unlocks her car and puts her bag on the passenger side. "Good game tonight Lauren!" She heard. The green-eyed girl turns to the owner of the voice and squints her eyes.

She knows who that is Normani Kordei. The school's best singer. The way that girl hits them high notes has Lauren amazed by her vocals. Maybe that girl should consider being an actual singer.

"Oh uh thank you Normani," Lauren says after a moment of silence.

"You got it, Cap!" Normani winks towards her.

Lauren chuckles and finally enters her car. She starts it up, pulling out slowly then drives away.

★ R O S E🌹★

Camila glances at the house in front of her before walking across the street where she stands. She enters her own house and takes off her coat. She walks into the kitchen and pours herself a refreshing glass of water. Her hand flies up to the pendant of a single rose. She goes up to her room with her glass of water and takes off the choker. Laying out a set of pajamas on her bed and grabbing her robe along with a towel, she enters her bathroom.

After her shower, Camila brushed her teeth and sat down at her desk. She looks out her bedroom window which faces the house on the opposite side where she sees a car pull up. The black Tesla.

Camila leans against the wall as her eyes gaze at the girl who just came out of her car. Camila doesn't know-how and when but she recently developed an undying crush on her neighbor. Lauren Jauregui Captain of the softball team.