Chapter 14

Jai Courtney looks like Eric Smith (Axl's abusive ex-boyfriend)
Warning: language, violence, death, past abuse, etc.

***

~Flashbacks~

Finally, I was able to come home from Iraq after being at war and being in a military hospital after twelve long months of being kept from my mom and I was super happy. Walking up the steps of my mom's house, I knocked on the door, waiting patiently for her to open the front door. A minute went by and I knocked again, thinking she didn't hear my first few knocks. Another minute went by and I was getting worried. Grabbing the doorknob and twisting it, I realized the door was unlocked the entire time. Weird... Mom always keeps her door locked. Opening the door, I walked inside to see the house I live in was trashed. Someone must've broke in. Oh shit... No, no, no. Mom.

I rushed into the kitchen to see blood all on the floor and a limp body laying on the hardwood floor.

"Mom!" I screamed and dropped to my knees and shook her shoulders. "NO!" I cried as tears flowed like a river down my cheeks; beginning to do CPR, I realized that she was already dead. I was too late. "WHY?! MOM! No... I need you... Please don't..."

All humanity I had, left at that moment.

My will to live was no more when I walked into that house and discovered that my mom, the only family member that I had left and had kept me sane for so long, soaking in a pool of her own blood with a hole in her head, lifeless. There was a note beside of her body as well.

The note said:
"I got my revenge, you lying bitch."

I've been through war. Many wars. War hasn't changed. And war will never change.

But that... That was when the beast in me was unleashed... That was when I couldn't be tamed any longer... That was when wrath consumed me forevermore...

I know who did this... and I will not stop until I find that sick motherfucker.

A Year Earlier—

Eric came at me with a belt, holding it up in the air, while I was laying on the ground.

"Stop, please..." I begged my boyfriend to stop hitting me.

"You were flirting with that woman at the bar! If I can't have you, no one fucking can!"

"Yeah, she was pretty and nice, but I swear on my mother's life, we were just talking. That's it, Eric. I wouldn't cheat on you." I meekly whispered as I held my arm out just in case he tried to slap me again.

"Lie. I'll get my revenge." He growled as he raised his belt up in the air again and slammed it down on my cheek...

~End Of Flashbacks~

I hope you enjoyed this short flashbacks chapter!
Stay safe😷
Love you guys💓💓
P.S. I HATE Eric with a passion🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
-kittycatlukey